Chronic Chlamydia pneumoniae Infection: A Treatable Cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New directions in chronic fatigue syndrome. Gantz, Nelson M.; Jones, James F. // Patient Care;9/15/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p101
Discusses various strategies utilized in the treatment of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Identification of emerging factors which suggest that CFS has a biological basis; Definition of CFS; Recommendations for the treatment of CFS. INSETS: Current case definition of chronic fatigue...
- Chronic fatigue. Christiano, Donna // Self;Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p60
Provides information on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), an illness whose primary symptom is overwhelming fatigue that lasts for six or more months. Emphasis on treatment of physical components of the condition; Inclusion of antidepressant medication and cognitive behavior therapy in the treatment.
- Home remedies. Skloot, Floyd // American Scholar;Winter95, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on home remedies suggested to the author, who is sick with chronic fatigue syndrome. Effects of the disease; Includes garlic treatment; Nicotine to kill a virus; Use of creative energies to overcome traumas; Vitamins; Magnetism.
- Surviving an energy shortage. Knapp, Frederick // American Fitness;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p30
Suggests several approaches in combating chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). Identification of body responses to stress; Use of the biofeedback technique in measuring body responses; Relaxation techniques vital for nervous system stimulation. INSET: Signs and symptoms..
- Chronic fatigue syndrome: Getting to the root of the problem. Dolby, Victoria // Better Nutrition;Jul98, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p16
Presents information on chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), highlighting some nutritional supplements for CFS. Identification of the causes of CFS; Estimated number of Americans suffering from CFS; Symptoms of CFS; Reference to an emerging explanation for CFS; Names of supplements.
- PACE trial authors' reply to letter by Kindlon. WHITE, P. D.; Chalder, T.; Sharpe, M.; Johnson, T.; Goldsmith, K. // BMJ: British Medical Journal;10/19/2013, Vol. 347 Issue 7929, p20
A response from the authors of the article on Pacing, Graded Activity and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (PACE) trials is presented.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. Any closer to an answer? // Consumer Reports;Sep96, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p60
Discusses the discovery that a blood pressure medication may aid people who suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome. Definition of chronic fatigue syndrome; Symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome; Difficulty in diagnosing the syndrome; Use of cognitive-behavioral therapy to treat chronic fatigue...
- New treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Feb96, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the results of new studies which suggest that many cases of chronic fatigue syndrome can be virtually cured with a regimen that includes a high-salt diet and blood pressure medication. Link between chronic fatigue syndrome and a disorder called neurally mediated hypotension;...
- BEATING CHRONIC FATIGUE. Stauth, Cameron // Saturday Evening Post;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 267 Issue 6, p50
Presents a narrative of how a man suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome was able to find a surprising cure in the common nutritional supplement, lysine. Failure of conventional and holistic medicine; Importance of staying healthy. INSET: Self-care for chronic fatigue..