Another difficult delivery
- Driven to be competitive. Lorenzi, Neal // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Sep2013, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p70
In this article, the author focuses on the challenges faced by various bakeries regarding proper time management of their product delivery and also reveals the availability of the new fleet-management tools, including the route-planning systems that can promote on-time deliveries of products.
- Are Your Material and Data Flows in Synch? Andel, Tom // Material Handling Management;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p4SCF
Discusses views on managing supply chain information and product delivery, as discussed at the 2001 ProMat material handling show. Information on the basic logistics execution system, which monitors activity at the point of sale; Types of business exchange models; Description of the business...
- Untitled. // Commercial Motor;9/19/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5553, p12
The article reports on the use of 2 540-horsepower Euro 5 Volvo FH Globetrotter Xls by Kinlochbervie Fish Selling Co.
- What are the odds of winning with WMS? Dawe, Richard // Transportation & Distribution;Dec97, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p67
Examines some of the considerations when analyzing the use of a warehouse management system (WMS). Evolution of WMS; Dimensions for the decision to invest in a WMS; How dimensions can be analyzed using real life examples.
- Transportation Needs to Be Integrated Within a Supply Chain. Handfield, Robert // Industry Week/IW;Feb2010, Vol. 259 Issue 2, p52
The article discusses the importance of the integration of transportation into the supply chain practice of a manufacturing company.
- What customers really want: no-hassle deliveries. Tobbell, Jon // Motor Transport;12/5/2011, p18
The author discusses the results of The 2011 Parcel Deliveries Usage and Attitude Survey, which revealed that those who order a parcel want that it would be delivered on time and safe.
- 5 THINGS UNORTHODOX DELIVERIES. // Minnesota Monthly;Mar2014, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p21
The article focuses on various local delivery services, inspired from electronic commerce company Amazon's proposal to make its deliveries via aerial drone, which could be applied by food companies including rug delivery, garden mulching, and bicycle repair services.
- Playing to a different beat. Jack, Simon // Motor Transport;6/13/2011, p16
The article profiles Warley Carriers, a company owned by Gerry Kibble which offers early deliveries for aftermarket automotive parts distribution in West Bromwich, England. It states that the company offers late collection, time-critical movements to and from Ireland, and early deliveries for...
- A question of management. // Logistics Manager;Mar2015, p12
The article discusses the need for companies to effectively manage their methods of delivery by using measures that could satisfy customers' needs to prevent themselves from experiencing business damage and additional costs.