- Giving something back. Fish, Chet // American Forests;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 99 Issue 9/10, p22
Presents people who have devoted themselves to work in the urban forest. Pepper Provenzano; Dolores Reece; Kirk M. Brown; Lydia Evans; Don L. Mueller; Eric Graves.
- A new look for Savannah. Fedor, Karen // American Forests;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 101 Issue 1/2, p12
Reports on the Savannah Park and Tree Commission's role in Savannah, Georgia's urban forestry community. Support from the Citizen Forestry Support System; Aim to foster effective partnerships at the municipal level; Improvement of the health of the urban forest.
- Youth project ensures that trees grow in Brooklyn. Henderson, Zorika Petic // Human Ecology;Winter94, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p31
Highlights the Urban Forest Project, an educational pilot program designed for and with disadvantaged Brooklyn youth by Cornell Cooperative Extension in New York City. Philosophy and theme; Selection and creation of a neighborhood survey; Presentation of an analysis report to the city's...
- America's urban forests: Growing concerns. Moll, Gary // American Forests;Autumn97, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p14
Offers some guidelines for a healthy urban forests in America. Most significant challenges facing public policy makers and ecologists in the United States; Goal of AMERICAN FOREST; Tips on how to make better use of trees and take advantage of the natural what capital Mother Nature can provide;...
- IT'S A JUNGLE OUT THERE. Los, Fraser // Canadian Geographic;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p24
The article offers information on the urban forest of Greater Toronto Area in Ontario.
- Texaco trees Texas. Fedor, Karen // American Forests;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 99 Issue 1/2, p51
Reports that, in a continuing effort to promote Texaco's long-term interest in urban forestry, the Texaco/Global ReLeaf Urban Tree Initiative recently spread to the Texas cities of Austin, Midland, and Port Arthur. Texaco's commitment to city trees; Its dedication to improving educational...
- Global problems, local solutions. MacDonald, Lynn // American Forests;Autumn96, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on measuring the value of the urban forests in the United States using the CITYgreen software and Urban Ecological Analysis. Significance of using CITYgreen software in making an Urban Ecological Analysis; Result of the Urban Ecological Analysis in Milwaukee; Findings of the Urban...
- Urban foresters. Logan, William Bryant // House Beautiful;Apr93, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p60
Features the TreePeople, an organization in Los Angeles, California that trains local residents about urban forestry. Initiation of pine tree planting along the Martin Luther King Boulevard; Volunteers' support for various urban forestry projects; Inspiration of urban forestry groups in other...
- Tracking the urban forest. // American Nurseryman;4/15/95, Vol. 181 Issue 8, p14
Announces the availability of the report `National Urban Forest Inventory Project Compilation,' regarding the inventory of the whole urban forest ecosystem. Sponsorship and authorship of the study; Importance of urban forests; Price of the report; Contact information.
- A greener focus. // American Forests;Autumn98, Vol. 104 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the Urban Ecosystem Analysis projects to assess trends in and overall health of urban forests in the United States. Areas included in the study; Technology used in the study.