The Bieber Effect: Oh What a Web We Weave
- Cyber Suckers. // Atlantic;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 302 Issue 1, p28
An excerpt from the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Internet Crime Complaint Center document "2007 Internet Crime Report," is presented.
- Scam email: Pay up or die. Gibbs Jr., William J. // Wilson County News;7/1/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 26, p8A
The article discusses about a scam email as received by a person of Wilson Country in USA and also further discusses the actions that can be taken against such email as suggested by Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINTS UP 11% IN 2008. // ISO & Agent Weekly;4/9/2009, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the increase of Internet-based crimes as stated by the U.S. Internet Crime Complaint Center with the record of $265 million in 2008, up about 11% from 2007. According to the article, the number of complaints of online crime reached 275, 284 in 2008 which is 33.1% up from...
- IC3 website assists victims of cyber crimes. Golden, John // Westchester County Business Journal;1/11/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the collaboration of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center and the Bureau of Justice Assistance to form the Internet Criminal Complaint Center (IC3) which receives complaints on cyber crime.
- Is your web site being used in a fraud scheme? // Hospice Management Advisor;Mar2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p29
The article focuses on website fraudulence. Community relations director at Community Home Health and Hospice, Marykay Morelli says that content from their website was copied to make fake websites. The fake websites were traced and removed by requesting website host and a complaint to the U.S....
- Ransomware Accuses Users of Lawbreaking. Desmarais, Christina // PC World;Aug2012, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p33
The article discusses how the U.S. Internet Crime Complaint Center announced the existence of the ransomware virus Reveton which requires users to pay a fine.
- Lawyers' identities being used for fake websites and solicitations. // Advocate (05154987);Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 55 Issue 11/12, p14
The article discusses the discovery of an Internet scam involving the unauthorized use of the identities of attorneys on fraudulent websites and in solicitations as of November 2012, including information on contacting the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation's Internet Crime Complaint Center.
- Fraud Spike May Spur Out-of-Band Authentication. Adams, John // American Banker;5/6/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 70, p9
The article discusses an increase in online data breaches and online fraud which has been reported by the U.S. Internet Crime Complaint Center and has led Internet security vendors to believe that banks will begin to embrace security systems that use text messages, secure browsers or voice...
- Online Crime Losses More Than Doubled Last Year. // Bank Security Report;Apr2010, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p4
The article reports on the increment of online crime losses to 559.7 million dollars as indicated by the U.S. Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) in 2009.