Openness Opens Doors with IT and Physical Security
- Tales from the Cube: Out-of-spec problem with a long tail. Wollam, Paul // EDN Europe;Feb2013, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of developing a specialized surveillance equipment for war.
- Target detection coupled with tracking. // Vision Systems Design;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on the development of a video-based surveillance framework by Junxian Wang and colleagues at the University of Nevada that would integrate target detection with tracking for the improvement of detection results.
- Safe City Surat Project. // PC Quest;Jul2013, p114
The article focuses on the information technology (IT) project Safe City Surat from the Office of Commissioner of Police Surat & Traffic Education Trust in India, a semi-finalist at the PCQuest Best IT Implementation Awards 2013 for the category of Security & Communication.
- All eyes on you. Beeson, James // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Feb2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p16
The article discusses how information technology (IT) professionals can prevent employees from exploiting pictures/video with or without malicious intent, such as disabling camera and video capability on company-provided devices and collecting all -personal devices as people come in everyday.
- 30 seconds on... // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Feb2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p16
The article presents facts related to information technology (IT) including the ability of mobile devices to record hours of video and hold thousands of photographs, the claim of YouTube that 100 hours of video are uploaded every minute onto its servers, findings of a study that every public...
- Honeycomb Projects: An Architectural Crime Problem. // Quintessence International;Dec1980, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the failure of the various security devices which were equipped in a certain building at honeycomb projects in Los Angeles, California in preventing crime in the vicinity of the said building. It notes that said devices generally do nothing but hamper police access into...
- Support Role for Winning VMS: It's the Camera. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on several security cameras used at the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis, South Dakota to capture the real-life antics of the different events held at the area.
- Surveillance Cameras in Brazil: exclusion, mobility regulation, and the new meanings of security. Kanashiro, Marta Mour�o // Surveillance & Society;Sep2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p270
In Brazil, over the last few decades, projects for the installation of surveillance cameras for security purposes in spaces of public circulation have multiplied. However, the issue has not been specifically studied in the country. Research on surveillance cameras in Brazil has generally focused...
- The Apple of the Eye: Parents' Use of Webcams in a Danish Day Nursery. Jørgensen, Vibeke // Surveillance & Society;Sep2004, Vol. 2 Issue 2/3, p446
Via webcams parents can now, from their place of work, see what happens in the day nursery of their child. The focus of this paper is why Danish parents of children, aged 0-6, use webcams, what they use them for and why some parents refuse using the webcams. The conclusions rest on a qualitative...