Are You Cyber Secure?
- DHS To Enact Real-Time Information Sharing On Industry Cyber Threats. Parsons, Dan // Defense Daily;9/14/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 52, p6
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to have the capability to receive notifications of cyber threat in real time and notify the private sector.
- Collins: IG Says DHS Can't Enforce Cyber Compliance At Federal Civilian Agencies. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/16/2010, Vol. 246 Issue 54, p6
The article offers information about the monitoring of the cyber security in the U.S. It states that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Inspector General (IG) will issue a report supporting the defense against cyber attacks for federal civilian agencies. According to Philip Reitinger,...
- Homeland Security chairman writing cybersecurity bill. Martinez, Jennifer // Hill;4/25/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA), a new cybersecurity bill developed by House Homeland Committee Chairman Michael McCaul which will clarify the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)'s role in sharing information on cyber threats with companies.
- Sniffing out rats. Policastro, Ellen Fussell // InTech;Aug2007, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p24
The article discusses several issues regarding a ruling issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), on security requirements for the chemical industry. If a chemical firm has more than the threshold amount of certain chemicals on its premises, then all of its facilities subject to...
- DHS demonstrates cyberattack tactics. Sasso, Brendan // Hill;6/14/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 75, p12
The article presents information on a demonstration organized by the officials of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to show the cyber attack tactics.
- DHS Conducts Three-Day Cyber Incident Response Exercise. // Defense Daily;9/29/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 63, p7
The article presents information on the cyber security exercise Cyber Storm III of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It reports that the three-day exercise tested the preparedness and response abilities of the participants towards a large-scale simulated cyber attack. The test...
- Congress must help DHS combat rising cyberattacks. Spaulding, Suzanne // Hill;10/8/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 106, p28
The article offers information on the need of support of the U.S. Congress to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for passing cybersecurity legislation for both government and private sector.
- SIGNAL Online. // Signal;Apr2015, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p8
This section presents comments posted on the Web site of "Signal" magazine on topics including cyber attack prevention, security implications of the Internet of Things network, and the agile framework plans of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Johnson Controls Partners With Homeland Security. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2016, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that energy solutions provider Johnson Controls Inc. has entered a cooperative research and development agreement with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to improve cyber threat information sharing and analysis.