The Global Emerging Infection Surveillance and Response System (GEIS), a U.S. government tool for improved global biosurveillance: a review of 2009
- SouthernWatch. Beeman, John L. // All Hands;May2001, Issue 1009, p44
Provides information on Operation Southern Watch, a surveillance mission in Iraq involving the armed forces of the United States and its allies.
- Air Assaulting and Blocking the Enemy in the Lar-Mandikul' Valley. Chabanenko, V.G. // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jan-Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p40
Relates the experiences of a United States military regiment on a mission in the Lar-Mandikul' Valley, Kabul, Afghanistan. Details of the errors made by the regiment which led to the enemy's escape; Comments on the regiment's lack of continuous surveillance.
- Dumbing Down Missile Defense. Timmerman, Kenneth R. // American Spectator;Jan1999, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p37
Examines the missile defense strategy of the United States. Agreement with China's Communist leaders in June 1998; Study conducted by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld; Attitude of the administration toward missile defense.
- Satellite-Based Systems Prove Their Worth. Kitfield, James // Government Executive;Aug2003, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p84
As U.S. forces raced up the Euphrates River Valley in the early days of Operation Iraqi Freedom, they confronted a dust storm of nearly huge proportions. Though it would cause a discernible pause in offensive operations, that storm might have proven catastrophic if it had taken U.S. military...
- Joint STARS a Force XXI enabler. Watts, Ronald L. // Military Review;Nov/Dec1996, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p19
Focuses on the contribution of the Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (J-STARS) to crisis management and the US Army Force XXI operations support. Capabilities and components of the J-STARS system; Solution to the growing dependence on J-STARS by the Army and Air Force; Need for...
- J-STARS: The future of ground warfare. Alfier, Jeffrey C. // Military Review;Nov/Dec1996, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p22
Describes the joint US Army and Air Force System called the E-8A/B/C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System (J-STARS). Components of the system; Information provided to commanders through the system's moving target indicator mode; Benefits of J-STARS in the battlefield and in force...
- STATEMENT TO SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE ON CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Janowitz, Morris // American Sociologist;Aug71, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p254
This article deals with the evolution of civilian surveillance by the U.S. Armed Forces. The hallmark of a nation with democratic political institutions is the sharp separation of its military forces of national defense from its police and law enforcement agencies. In the historical traditions...
- Long-Range Surveillance Operations In Kosovo--Complementing Existing Capabilities. Chamberlain, Robert L.; Kluna, Ralph // Military Intelligence Professional Bulletin;Jan-Sep2001, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p47
Reports on the deployment and operations of the Long-Range Surveillance Company of the United States Army in Kosovo, Serbia in 2000. Details of the deployment; Deployment requirements; Redeployment and reintegration; Lessons learned from the operations.
- Predator's overseas debut. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/24/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the deployment of unmanned aerial operators, Marine Corps systems in Bosnia following Predator's deployment.