ISP: the uncommon carrier
- Top ranks: CNY Internet providers. Carbonaro, Maria // Business Journal (Central New York);01/15/99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
Lists the Internet service providers in Central New York as of January 1999. AccuCom; Applied Theory Communications Inc.; Art Matrix-Lightlink; AT&T; Baldwin Communications; Dreamscape Online LLC; Global 2000.
- Peer pressure. Liebman, Lenny // Communications News;Jun2001, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p92
Addresses the issue of Internet service provider (ISP) peering. Economics of peering; Ways internet service providers address their peering issues.
- TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. Crawford II, James A. // Overdrive;Apr2000, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on free Internet service providers in the United States. Marketing program of the providers; Advertising boxes; Use of established account.
- Choosing Your ISP. Stirewalt, Travis // Products Finishing;Jun2000, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p10
Gives a step-by-step checklist on how to select an Internet service provider (ISP) for web projects.
- Voice is not voice. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;09/28/98, Vol. 235 Issue 13, p5
Opinion. Comments on Internet telephony service providers' creativeness in finding ways around the regulatory regime in the United States. Utilization of data protocols and networks to transport voice; Call for regulators to ignore requests to impose access charges; Need to foster an...
- NETMCR Internet Services (www.netmcr.com). // Tele-Service News;Jan2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
Features several internet service provider companies.
- If price is right, time is ripe for isp sales. Beauprez, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the consolidation trends in Internet service in the United States. Internet service providers' (ISP) dilemma on whether to sell or compete with the consolidating market; Growth strategies adopted by small ISP to survive; Reactions of several industry executives about the...
- Annual survey of Internet service providers and related services. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;1/24/2003, p4
Reports on the operating revenues for Internet service provider firms in 2001. Total operating expenses; Struggle to turn a profit.
- ASPs: Another Link in the Food Chain. O'Keefe, Sue // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p12
Focuses on the growth potential of application service providers (ASP) in the United States. Venture of Internet service providers in the ASP market; Projected growth ASP by end of 2000; Differentiated services offered.