Adult Service Sues TWC Over Editing Standards
- To court they go. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;10/21/96, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the court battle between New York City and Time Warner Cable, over the carriage of Fox News Channel. Time Warner's attempt to bar New York from running the Fox service on a government access channel; City's plans to depose Time Warner Chairman Gerald Levin.
- App flap divides H'wood, cablers. WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Daily Variety;3/25/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 59, p1
The article reports that Time Warner Cable Inc. will be facing a litigation from one of the major film production companies regarding its iPad application that transmits live television channels within a subscriber's home in the U.S.
- L.A. sues TWC over 2007 service problems. // CED;Jul2008, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p12
The article discusses the court case of Time Warner Cable (TWC). The city filed the case of Los Angeles for Angeleno cable subscribers due to the alleged multiple laws broke by TWC. They are seeking millions of dollars in fines against the company. The subscriber accuses the TWC of unlawful,...
- Spat. // CableFAX Daily;1/4/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the rejection by a federal court of Kansas on the lawsuit filed by Time Warner Cable against Kansas City. Claim of Time Warner against the city; Basis of the court's ruling.
- TWC: No Holding Pattern Allowed. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p60
The article reports that Time Warner Cable (TWC) will file a complaint in court in Los Angeles, California to reverse nearly $60,000 in fines for poor service, which were imposed by Redondo Beach in California. According to Redondo's city attorney Mike Webb, the city demands phones to be...
- Lonely tier drops. Santo, Brian // CED;Jan2008, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p3
The author reflects on the issue of National Football League (NFL) on refusing to let go of the basic tier. It sued Comcast Corp. to get its network on the firm's basic tier whom the latter agreed to carry the former's network. NFL had lost from the litigation. The Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC)...
- Time Warner, Dispatch showdown this week. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;12/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p1A
Reports on the legal battle between cable television operator Time Warner Cable and Ohio-based television station company Dispatch Broadcast Group as of December 20, 1999. Case background; Companies' allegations against each other.
- Change of Venue: America Channel's TW-Comcast Suit Hits Roadblock. // CableFAX Daily;6/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 108, p1
Deals with the temporary restraining order issued on June 2, 2006 which puts a halt to a lawsuit filed by The America Channel (TAC) against Time Warner Cable and Comcast. Motion filed by America Channel; Antitrust lawsuit filed by America Channel in Minnesota; Option for TAC if it wants to...
- RULING: MASN MISTREATED. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p43
The article highlights the ruling made by a federal authorized arbitrator which suggests that Time Warner Cable's offer to distribute a regional sports network to just its North Carolina customers with a digital package was discriminatory and effectively a denial of carriage. The ruling was a...