Sezmi Downshifts Retail Play
- Iusacell registers two offerings. // RCR;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p43
Discloses Nuevo Grupo Iusacell SA de CV's announcement of two offerings. Exchange of the firm's full-voting series V American Depository Shares (ADS) d shares; Provision for public shareholders of Old Iusacell the right to purchase additional New Iusacell series V ADS.
- Telefonica said to be mulling merger of Mexican unit with Iusacell. // Latin America Telecom;Feb2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the talks between telecommunication firm Telefonica and Grupo Iusacell to combine the former's Mexican unit with the operations of the latter to form a larger entity better equipped to compete with America Movil's local mobile outfit Telcel.
- Iusacell places $350M debt issue. // RCR;12/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p46
Reports on the private placement made by Nuevo Grupo Iusacell SA de CV of a $350 million issue of 14.25-percent senior notes due 2006. Use of the funds to expand Nuevo Grupo's digital network capacity and coverage.
- Softbank reviewing Iusacell assets ahead of potential investment. // Latin America Telecom;Sep2014, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p11
The article offers information on Japanese telecom giant Softbank Corp. regarding its plans for investment in Mexican wireless operator Grupo Iusacell SA de CV and is said to be in advanced stages of analyzing Iusacell's assets.
- Priming for the fight. Case, Brendan M. // Latin Trade (English);Jul98, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p68
Reports on the growth of Bell Atlantic Mexican cellular affiliate Iusacell after setbacks suffered in 1996. Management strategies by Bell Atlantic; Increase in subscriber volume in 1997; Iusacell's launching of an upgrade of its analog system to code division multiple access technology; Number...
- Grupo Iusacell forms new unit to apply for offerings. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p24
Reports that Nuevo Grupo Iusacell SA de CV of Mexico City, Mexico has filed with securities regulators in Mexico and the United States for two related offerings. Sale of a secondary stock offering and related exchange and rights offerings; Goal to help increase the secondary market trading...
- Vodafone buys first Latin American stake. // RCR Wireless News;1/15/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p32
Reports that Vodafone Group has purchased a stake in Iusacell, a Mexican mobile operator, as part of its goal to expand into the Latin American wireless market.
- TELEVISA'S IUSACELL STAKE. Agren, David // Latin Trade (English);Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p60
The article focuses on the acquisition by media company Televisa of a 50% stake in wireless operator Iusacell, which is named as one of the best deals in Latin America in 2011. The deal is anticipated to intensify competition in the wireless sector in Mexico. Moody's senior analyst Nymia Almeida...
- AT&T to acquire Mexico's Iusacell for US$ 2.5 bln. // Latin America Telecom;Oct2014, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p9
The article reports on the agreement signed between telecommunications services provider AT&T and Mexican holding Grupo Salinas for the acquisition of mobile operator Iusacell for 2.5 billion U.S. dollars inclusive of Iusacell debt by AT&T.
- Iusacell, Bell Atlantic discuss further deals in Mexico. Hammer, Dianne // RCR;10/25/99, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p28
Reports that Bell Atlantic Global Wireless Inc. is in discussions regarding an alliance that would involve Nuevo Group Iusacell S.A. de C.V. Nuevo's 's plan to establish a nationwide wireless presence in Mexico; Iusacell's plan to acquire Portatel S.A. de C.V.