LightSquared Catching MSOs' Eyes
- Charges filed against LightSquared backer. Schroeder, Peter; Sasso, Brendan // Hill;6/28/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 83, p12
The article discusses the fraud charges filed against Philip Falcone, an American businessman and founder of the company Harbinger Capital and LightSquared Inc., for betraying the investors by manipulating financial markets in the U.S.
- Hard Times for Harbinger Capital's Philip Falcone. Taub, Stephen // AR Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p45
The article focuses on the challenging times faced by Harbinger Capital Partners founder and chief investment officer Philip Falcone. Together with his wife Lisa, Falcone made the tabloid's headlines after they were rumored to pledge their 39 million U.S. dollars Caribbean villa to Fortress...
- LightSquared 4G Network Declares Bankruptcy, Says It's Not Finished Yet. Maisto, Michelle // eWeek;5/15/2012, p5
The article reports on the declaration of Chapter 11 bankruptcy by LightSquared Inc., the 4G network built on recycled satellite spectrum and failed to gain approval from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It states that the move will allow the company to resolve ongoing...
- LIGHTSQUARED REVOLUTIONIZES U.S WIRELESS INDUSTRY. // Tele-Service News;Aug2010, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the launch of LightSquared, a nationwide 4G-LTE wireless broadband network integrated with satellite coverage. This technology aims to provide wireless broadband capacity to different customers, including cable operators and content providers. Philip Falcone, founder and...
- The Morning Brief: Investors Happy with Hedge Fund Returns, Survey Finds. Taub, Stephen // AR Magazine;3/16/2015, p7
This section offers hedge fund industry news briefs, as of March 16, 2015. News discussed include continued satisfaction of institutional investors with mediocre returns from hedge funds despite small gain posted in alternative assets industry data and intelligence provider Preqin's...
- Hedge Funds, PE: Hard To Tell Apart? Terzo, Gerelyn // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/2/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 37, p1
The article discusses the close relationship between hedge fund and private equity companies in the U.S. It mentions that some hedge fund managers are making stand-alone funds with longer periods which allow investors to be tied in with them for a period of three to five years. It relates that...
- TW-CVC Redux. // CableFAX Daily;3/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p1
Reveals the extra deals that were negotiated into the settlement of the American Movie Classics dispute between Cablevision and Time Warner Cable in October 2005. Alterations made by Time Warner on its portfolio; Reaction of Cablevision to the changes in Time Warner.
- New business systems in New York. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/13/93, Vol. 123 Issue 50, p10
Reports on the New York City Department of Telecommunications and Energy's awarding of permission to Time Warner and Cablevision Systems Corp. to operate business telephone systems in the city. Other competing services in the market.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's New York Business;1/16/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p0003
A correction to the article "Dolan's Cablevision, Unplugged" in the January 9, 2012 issue is presented which discusses subscribers of Time Warner Cable and Cablevision that overlaps.