- Carriers Create 4G Noise As Verizon Launches 3G iPhone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/7/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on the launch of fourth-generation (4G) mobile phones by AT&T and T-Mobile carriers in what is seen as an attempt to distract attention from the launch of Verizon's third-generation (3G) iPhone in February 2011. AT&T announced plans of introducing its first 4G smartphone, the...
- AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Crack Down on 'Cramming'. Maisto, Michelle // eWeek;11/22/2013, p1
The article reports on the collaborative efforts of telecommunication companies AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile with legislators to crack down on mobile cramming, the practice of unauthorized third-party companies making charges to mobile phone bills of consumers. Vermont Attorney General William H....
- Wireless union could ease divide. White, Herbert L. // Charlotte Post;7/28/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p1A
The article reports on a merger between telecommunications companies American Telephone & Telegraph (AT&T) and Washington-based T-Mobile that would create the largest wireless data provider in the U.S.
- AT&T-Mo: Bigger Might Be Better. Fox, Steve // PCWorld;May2011, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p9
The author looks at the potential for the proposed merger between wireless carriers AT&T and T-Mobile in the U.S. to improve wireless broadband services. He cites that digital-rights advocacy group Public Knowledge criticizes the merger on the grounds that it would reduce the country's four...
- THE LATEST SMART PHONES. // Travel & Leisure;Aug2010, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p118
The article evaluates several smartphones including iPhone 4 from AT&T Inc., HTC HD2 from T-Mobile Ltd., and Blackberry Bold 9650 from Sprint Corp.
- Can a Phone Become Your Digital Wallet? McDonald, Anne B. // PCWorld;Mar2011, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p22
The article focuses on the use of near field communication (NFC), a technology that enables consumers to pay using their cell phones, in the U.S. With NFC, purchases are made by tapping their mobile phone against a reader and entering a personal identification number (PIN) on the phone to verify...
- Verizon Likely to Follow ATT's Move to End Unlimited Data Pricing. // Channel Insider;6/5/2010, p1
The article focuses on analysts' insights on the plans of several mobile data providers after AT&T Inc.'s change on mobile data services. It says that Verizon Communications Inc. will plan to end its unlimited pricing and charge its users through metered rate after AT&T halves the fees on mobile...
- Joint Venture Aims to Break NFC Logjam. // Bank Technology News;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
The article presents a report from Bloomberg LP regarding the partnership deal of Barclays PLC with AT&T Inc., Verizon Communications Inc. and T-Mobile Ltd. for the creation of a mobile proximity payments platform which will set trials in U.S. including Texas, Minnesota and Utah. Red Gillen, a...
- AT&T stock slump `over'. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Aug97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
Reports on AT&T's decision to offer stock options to more staff as a way to boost the company's morale and stock prices. Attempt to better compete with Lucent Technologies; Timing with the resignation of the company's chief operating officer John Walter.