- Rainbow ups Frankel to VP. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;3/11/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 53, p5
Reports on the promotion of Matthew Frankel as vice-president of corporate communications at Rainbow Media Corp. Expansion of Frankel's duties; Competence of Frankel for the job; Expertise of Frankel in the television broadcasting industry.
- Rainbow's brand of brothers. Stewart, Andrew // Variety;6/6/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 4, p5
The article examines the mass media industry company Rainbow Media, focusing on Sundance Selects a motion picture distributor for independent films. Sundance Selects was created after the company acquired cable television network Sundance Channel. The difficulty faced by Sundance Selects in...
- Rainbow Revamps Sundance Suite. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p2
The article announces several appointments and promotions of executives in the Independent Film Channel (IFC) and Sundance Channel under the management of Rainbow Media Holdings Inc. including Evan Shapiro as president, and Laura Michalchyshyn and Jennifer Caserta as executive vice presidents...
- Newsport dropped from Rainbow, Liberty team. J.S. // Broadcasting & Cable;05/05/97, Vol. 127 Issue 19, p92
Reports on the dissolution of Rainbow Programming's sports news channel. Loss on finances as the cause of dissolution; Filling of American Sports Classics on its vacated slot; Designation of new assignment of employees.
- Storm clouds loom for Rainbow cable. Furman, Phyllis // Crain's New York Business;01/20/97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the effort by Josh Sapan, chief executive of Rainbow Programming Holdings Incorporated in the launching of Romance Classics in New York a channel specially for the entertainment of women. Information on the career of Josh Sapan; Listing of rivals for previous launchings;...
- Rainbow to create new global film network. // Electronic Media;09/15/97, Vol. 16 Issue 38, p42
Reports that Rainbow Media plans to launch a 24-hour commerical free international film channel. Identification of the channel; When will the channel be introduced.
- Box void clouds Rainbow. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;09/15/97, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p10
Announces that Rainbow Programming Holdings Inc.'s plan to launch a new cable network to fill still-empty spaces promised by the advent of digital cable rollouts will be challenged if operators do not keep their promise. Negotiations with digital satellite providers, DirecTV and Primestar.
- Rainbow adds to its stable of cable programs. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;10/24/94, Vol. 124 Issue 43, p25
Reports on additions to Rainbow Programming Holdings' portfolio of programming services. Horse-racing network; Home shopping program; National programming service featuring locally inserted personal ads called The Singles Channel.
- Rainbow launches IFC. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/94, Vol. 124 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on the expectations of Rainbow Programming Holdings executives that their launching of the Independent Film Channel and other new networks will lead to other opportunities. Launching of a United States feed of Canadian music-video network MuchMusic; Planned introduction of at least two...