Turner's Heller: TV Everywhere Rollout Isn't Taking Too Long
- YouView CTO says Google is welcome to join platform. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;10/28/2010, p08
The article reports that the YouView Internet Protocol television (IPTV) encourages Internet users, including Google Inc., to create applications and join the platform, as stated by YouView chief technology officer (CTO) Anthony Rose at the Future of Digital Media Distribution conference that...
- metrics. // EContent;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p6
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics, which includes the percentage of American Internet users who watch television online by gender, the amount of television watched over the Internet and the average time spent per day on selected media.
- Hulu Viewer numbers more Than Network Sites Combined. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;2/14/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that online repurposed TV programming company Hulu had 323 million hours of viewing in 2010, increasing viewership by 17%.
- STUDY: GLOBAL IPTV SUBS TO HIT 68 MILLION BY 2014. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/29/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p9
The article discusses a study from Strategy Analytics claiming that there will be more than 68 million Internet Protocol television (IPTV) subscribers worldwide by 2014.
- Ageing population. Pennington, Adrian // New Media Age;4/23/2009, p20
This article discusses the need for online television (TV) entertainment companies in Great Britain to tailor their online programs to meet the needs of older viewers. It explains that the demographic profile of online users is broadening, with older audiences becoming frequent Internet users....
- Smart TV is still some way off for the majority of consumers. BRITTON, TIM // New Media Age;2/17/2011, p07
The article looks at the popularity of smart television (TV), wherein the 2011 YouGov SixthSense Home Entertainment study reveals that 12 percent of the respondents have watched TV programs on Internet TV. The survey adds that smart TV popularity has not reached the mainstream due to...
- Telewest Broadband set to trial Blueyonder TV for 24/7 viewing. Jones, Gareth // New Media Age;5/5/2005, p5
This article reports on the launch of a Web-based TV service by Telewest Broadband, providing high-speed Internet users with free access to a range of round-the-clock programming in Great Britain. BlueyonderTV, which is available to anyone with broadband, is being trialled with three fully...
- Research. // CableFAX Daily;11/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 216, p2
The article reports on the results of a survey conducted by Points North Group and Horowitz Associates on Internet television in the U.S. in 2005. 25% of 1,000 Internet users are interested in watching television programs on their computers. 20% of the respondents watch videos on the Internet at...
- TV's future is online. Walmsley, Andrew // Marketing (00253650);2/22/2006, p26
This article presents the author's comments about the impact of Internet television on television advertising. The author says that the success story of the past two years has been the phenomenal growth of Internet business and marketing. He says that the Internet's move from an information to...