- Management of recurrent epistaxis in an anticoagulated patient by temporarily closing the nares with sutures. Eng, Chee-Yean; Yew, Teck-Aun; Ng, Wai-Siene; El-Hawrani, Amged S. // ENT: Ear, Nose & Throat Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p221
We describe an unusual case of recurrent, refractory anterior epistaxis in ah 86-year-old man with two mechanical heart valves who was on permanent warfarin therapy. His numerous episodes of epistaxis were incited by chronic nose-picking and strong nose-blowing, practices that he continued to...
- Ecballium elaterium extract. // Reactions Weekly;5/23/2009, Issue 1253, p15
The article describes of a 42-year-old man who experienced nasal septal perforation while receiving treatment with Ecballium elaterium extract. It references a study by H. C. Alpay et al, published in the May 2009 issue of the "International Journal of Clinical Practice." Medical complaints of...
- Cause of productive cough. THAM, Seng-Choe; PEH, Wilfred CG // Asia Pacific Family Medicine;Sep2003, Vol. 2, p182
Reports on the medical case of a 53-year-old Chinese man with productive cough. Radiological findings; Diagnosis; Differences between the primary and secondary forms of the disease; Significance of lingular segment collapse.
- Osteoporosis: Don't forget to tell men that they're also at risk. // Geriatrics;Aug96, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the risk of osteoporosis in middle-aged and older men. Lack of awareness among men according to Gallup poll sponsored by Osteoporosis Foundation; Statistics.
- Running out of gas. Kagen, Lawrence J. // Cortlandt Forum;04/25/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p163
Analyzes the case of an aged man with small-vessel dermal vasculitis. Diagnosis; Symptoms; Treatment.
- Tired of love. Tamler, Ronald // Endocrine Today;May2010, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses the clinical case of a 46-year-old man who was diagnosed with secondary hypothyroidism in the setting of panhypopituitarism and an empty sella.
- Testosterone patches can make older men feel younger. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Feb98, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the use of testosterone patches to treat fatigue, sexual dysfunction and depression in older men. Effectiveness; Possible complications from overuse of the patches.
- PHOTO QUIZ. Mackowiak, Philip A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/1/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p1062
Presents a quiz that features the case of an old man who was admitted to the hospital for hemoptysis. Information on the patient's medical history; Description of the chest radiograph; Laboratory test that was performed; Diagnosis and interpretation of the cardiograph.
- An older man with confusion and emesis. McNamara, David E.; Muirhead, Greg // Patient Care;7/15/1999, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p208
Describes the case of a 76-year-old male nursing-home resident who presented to the emergency department with confusion and vomiting. Medications taken by the patient; Results of a physical examination; Treatment.