Chile's Challenges Sebastian Pinera
- Chile's new president. // OECD Observer;Mar2010, Issue 278, p5
The article announces that SebastÃ the PiÃ±era will swear as president of Chile on March 11, 2010.
- SEBASTIAN PINERA. LONG, GIDEON // Latin Trade (English);Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p24
The article features Chilean President Sebastian Pinera, the recipient of the Bravo Business Awards' Leader of the Year award for 2012.
- RISK SUMMARY: CHILE. // Latin America Monitor: Southern Cone Monitor;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p5
The article presents a country risk assessment for Chile for 2009. It is predicted that opposition leader SebastiÃ©n PiÃ±era will win the presidential elections in October 2009. By 2010, it is expected that current account surplus will be 0.1 percent of gross domestic product (GDP). The city...
- SebastiÃ¡n PiÃ±era. // New Internationalist;May2010, Issue 432, p29
The article profiles SebastiÃ¡n PiÃ±era who took office as the first elected rightwing president of Chile since 1958 on March 11, 2010. A discussion of the impact PiÃ±era's election will have on Chile's political system and on Latin American countries is presented. PiÃ±era's political...
- Earthquake Recovery Tops Piï¿½era's Agenda in Chile. Dudenhoefer, David // World Politics Review;3/12/2010, p3
The article focuses on the priority of new Chilean President Sebastian Piï¿½era to lead the country in recovering from the 8.8-magnitude earthquake that hit the nation on February 27, 2010. It recalls that the swearing-in ceremony of Piï¿½era on March 11 experienced aftershocks from the...
- In Runoff, Chile Appears Likely to Vote for Change. Planas, Roque // World Politics Review;1/15/2010, p2
The article discusses the 2010 presidential elections in Chile. It mentions that Sebastiï¿½n Piï¿½ra could break Chile's tradition of rejecting a right-wing candidate since 1958 as the centrist presidential aspirant who has won the initial round of election on December 13, 2009 with 44% of...
- As Chile celebrates, mine's future in question. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/14/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 243, p2
The article reports on the criticism to San Jose mine after the rescue of the trapped miners in Chile. Sebastian Pinera, the President of Chile, demands the closure of the mine due to the collapse of the mine. The mine is being investigated considering the speculation on the violation of safety...
- Leader Biography. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Chile Country Review;2013, p69
The article presents a briefing on former Chilean President Michelle Bachelet, elected into office in the 2005-2006 presidential elections and on the 2009-2010 presidential elections that resulted in President Sebastian Pinera assuming the office of head of state and head of government of Chile.
- Prez turns off his TV. Nelsen, Aaron // Variety;5/31/2010, Vol. 419 Issue 3, p2
The article reports that Sebastian Pinera, businessman and president of Chile, announced on May 15, 2010 that he sold his television network Chilevision (CHV) to local investment fund Linzor Capital for 130 million dollars. The author discusses the similarities and differences between Pinera and...