254. Denis O'Brien
- The Cell Islands. Kingsbury, Kathleen // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/27/2006, Issue 47, p57
The article reports on the market entry planned by Digicel in the U.S. Following its success in the Caribbean, Digicel plans to enter the U.S. cellphone market according to founder Denis O'Brien. The customers who will be served by the company are mentioned. The marketing approach employed by...
- DOMINICA. // Caribbean Update;Nov2009, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the acquisition of Orange Dominica, France Telecom's cellular operation in Dominica, by Jamaica-based mobile phone company Digicel. The deal leaves the country with just two wireless companies, the other being LIME, previously known as Cable & Wireless Ltd. Digicel claims...
- OBITUARY. // America;5/22/1909, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p167
The article presents an obituary for veteran jurist Denis O'Brien.
- Denis O'Brien Investing In New Dublin Hotel. // Hospitality Ireland;Dec2015, Issue 98, p6
The article reports that billionaire Denis O'Brien has invested several million euro into a new hotel being developed in Blackpitts area in Dublin, Ireland as of 2015.
- BT helps finance prospective rival. Garvey, Anthony // Telecommunications - International Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p21
Reports that British Telecom PLC has unwittingly financed a rival in Ireland. Amount British Telecom paid to Esat founder and chief executive officer Denis O'Brien following its acquisition; Failure to ask O'Brien to sign a noncompetition agreement; O'Brien's offer for the fixed line business...
- Digicel gearing up for expansion drive. // Latin America Telecom;Jan2014, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p11
The article offers information on Irish businessman Denis O'Brien, who has announced the expansion of its telecom group Digicel in 2014 and by planning an investment of 500 million U.S. dollars on its networks in 2014.
- FPM 20th Anniversary Leadership Talk. // Accountancy Ireland;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p86
The article discusses the FPM 20th Anniversary Leadership Talk which was held at the University of Ulster's Belfast, Northern Ireland campus on February 3, 2012 and featured a keynote speech by entrepreneur and inventor Denis O'Brien.
- NEWS in Brief. // Checkout;Apr2015, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p6
This section offers news briefs on the retail industry in Ireland as of April 1, 2015 including Environment Minister Alan Kelly and Minister of State Anne Phelan's launched of the Rural Development Programme, Dublin City Council to sell a site in Cabra to Lidl and businessman Denis O'Brien's...
- Europe. // Forbes Asia;3/24/2008, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p64
The article focuses on billionaires in Europe. Russia now has 87 billionaires, more than any nation except the U.S. At least 40 Russians are investing some of their money in their country's real estate and construction markets. Some of the region's more notable newcomers to the billionaires...