Monied In Moscow Call It Green Square
- Secessionists on Collision Course With Akhmetov in Donbas. Socor, Vladimir // Eurasia Daily Monitor;5/22/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 96, p5
The article presents the request of Renat Akhmetov, the wealthiest Ukrainian businessman, on Donbas workers. During his television address on May 20, 2014, he urged workers and other companies to hold protests against the secessionist leaders of Donetsk at 12 o'clock noon daily from May 21, 2014...
- Richest Soccer Owners. // Forbes Asia;May2013, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p70
A list of the richest soccer club owners is presented which includes Rinat Akhmetov, Roman Abramovich, and Silvio Berlusconi.
- US Played Hardball in Ukraine. Lee, Peter // International Policy Digest;Feb2014, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p123
The article reports that European Union (EU) mediated a deal between the opposition and the Ukranian government. Ukraine's richest man Rinat Akhmetov, owner of the Shakhtar Donetsk football club is having a decisive influence on Ukraine's standoff between the security forces and protesters....
- Ukraine seeks to scrap utility sales in move against tycoons. // Energy Today (Hungary);4/9/2015, p4
The article reports that Ukrainian prosecutors are looking to cancel DTEK Holdings BV and billionaire Rinat Akhmetov's acquisition of shares in PAT Dniproenergo.
- Rich Company. Serafin, Tatiana // Forbes Global;3/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p44
Features several billionaires in the steel industry in Ukraine. Rinat Akhmetov, owner of steel producer System Capital Management; Victor Pinchuk, owner of steel pipes and railway wheels producer Interpipe; Serhiy Taruta, owner of steel company Industrial Union of Donbas.
- Ukraine-based Metinvest buys United Coal. // Mining Engineering;Jun2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on the acquisition deal between U.S.-based coking coal company United Coal and Metinvest, part of the empire of Ukrainian billionaire Rinat Akhmetov. The value of the deal is estimated between $1 billion to $1.4 billion. A brief background of Metinvest is provided. Metinvest...
- Diary. // Estates Gazette;4/23/2011, Issue 1116, p106
The author discusses developments concerning Great Britain's property market. Minister of State for Housing and Local Government Grant Shapps is rumored to replace Andrew Lansley as Health Secretary. Saxon artifacts excavated on the site of the St. Martin's Courtyard shopping development will be...
- Ukrainian Businessmen Support Paramilitary Units in State Service. Socor, Vladimir // Eurasia Daily Monitor;5/20/2014, Vol. 11 Issue 94, p1
The article reports on the support given by the Ukrainian businessmen on the paramilitary units to defend against the attacks of Russian combatants. It cites that wealthy businessmen furnish the needed funds to help the state administration on its operations. Moreover, the assistance given by...
- Billion Dollar Babies. Kroll, Luisa; Goldman, Lea; von Zeppelin, Cristina; Fass, Allison; Hessel, Evan; Hoppough, Suzanne; Huang, Patricia; Kitchens, Susan; Miller, Matthew; Minami, Kiyoe; Serafin, Tatiana; Stone, Andy; Swibel, Matthew; Blakeley, Kiri; Brown, Heidi; Doebele, Justin; Dolan, Kerry A.; Flannery, Russell; Poland, Forbes; Russia, Forbes // Forbes Global;3/28/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p27
Presents an introduction to a series of articles on top billionaires in the world. Dietrich Mateschitz, creator of Red Bull; Sheldon Adelson, owner of Las Vegas Sands Corp.; Alexander Shnaider from the steel industry in Ukraine; Rinat Akhmetov of System Capital Management; Bill Gates of...