MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA: Where The Money Comes From
- The initial establishment of the Lebanese community in Cote D'Ivoire, Ca. 1925-45. Bierwirth, Chris // International Journal of African Historical Studies;1997, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p325
Discusses the migration of the Lebanese population to Cote d'Ivoire, West Africa, from the period 1925 to 1945. When development of the colonial economy in Cote d'Ivoire began; Demography of early Lebanese immigration; Mobility of Lebanese immigrants; Illustration of the main places of origin...
- LEBANON-ABIDJAN. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);4/4/2011, Vol. 197 Issue 5065, p14
The article reports on the evacuation condition of the Lebanese deportees because of the rising conflicts in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- How to become a billionaire. // Asian Business Review;Aug97, p33
Uncovers a common pattern and formula among Asia's top 100 billionaires. Analysis of patterns on the roots and foundations of the top 100 billionaires' fortunes; Nature of business; Descent and inheritance; Nationality. INSET: Billionaires by country..
- The list. // Christian Science Monitor;10/2/97, Vol. 89 Issue 216, p18
Presents the top forty names on the `Forbes' list of billionaires in the United States for 1997. Number one Bill Gates and his $39.8 billion; Others including Warren Buffet, Michael Dell, George Soros and Henry Ross Perot.
- Billionaires at the ballot box. Hawkins, Andrew J.; Bragg, Chris // Crain's New York Business;9/24/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p6
The article reports on why most of the billionaires in New York City are likely to vote for Mitt Romney rather than incumbent President Barack Obama in the coming 2012 presidential elections.
- Billionaires boom in Indonesia. // Asian Pacific Post;10/4/2012, p17
The article reports on the increasing number of billionaires in Indonesia.
- The Billionaire Factory Roaring Markets, Sudden Fortunes. // Forbes Asia;Mar2011 Special Issue Billionaires, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the increase in number of billionaires in Asia with a record of 332 billionaires from various industries including health care, online games and retail.
- Everyday Fortunes Getting Rich by Selling the Basics. // Forbes Asia;Mar2011 Special Issue Billionaires, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p42
The article reports on the increase in number of billionaires in several countries of Middle East and Africa including, Turkey, Israel, and Egypt.
- Spotlight On Brazil. // Forbes Asia;Mar2011 Special Issue Billionaires, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p63
The article reports on the increase in the number of billionaires from Brazil on the list of the wealthiest people in the world compiled by the journal.