- Graft watchdog launches 'intensive' investigation into Unicom, among others. // China Telecom;Nov2014, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p2
The article reports on the Chinese Central Commission for Discipline Inspection's (CCDI) investigation into alleged corruption involving several companies including China Unicom, China Petrochemical Group, and China Radio International.
- Bribery and corruption in the business world. Marchant, Brian // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p27
Discusses issues related to business bribery and corruption in Great Britain. Institute and RRC Business Training's development of a qualification course on issues of business ethics; Business ethics guidelines of the Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply.
- Final notices are often hidden sales pitches. Temes, Judy // Crain's New York Business;6/13/94, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p34
Focuses on scams affecting small business owners, with emphasis on final notices. Solicitations; Directory publishing; Tips for small businesses to protect themselves.
- Preventing employee theft. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Feb93, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p39
Presents recommendations from Thomas Creal, managing director of investigation and litigation support at Chicago-based Checkers, Simon & Rosner, on identifying and reducing risks of employee theft and fraud. Run random comparative checks, back three to five years; Focus on excessive...
- Why start-ups were S. Korean economy's false hope. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;12/8/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p7
Discusses the corrupt practices of businesses in South Korea, in light of the bankruptcy of Daewoo.
- NEWS FROM THE ANTI-CORRUPTION MOVEMENT. // Transparency Watch;May2007, p11
The article offers news briefs related to anti corruption movement. 16 Spanish-speaking countries sign a resolution to fight corruption and increase transparency in their country. Transparency International in Mexico creates an online information system to promote development among partners and...
- POLITICAL MANIPULATIONS AND MARKET REFORMS FAILURES. Manzetti, Luigi // World Politics;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p315
Proposes a complementary hypothesis about the influence of political manipulations on causing market reform failures. Dangers of enacting market reforms in a political system with weak accountability institutions; Risks of pursuing old-fashioned practices as collusion between government and...
- The cost of corruption. Koulibaly, Mamadou // African Business;Jan2000, Issue 250, p22
Examines the cost of corruption in Africa. Definition of corruption as individual vice that leads to collective decadence; Examples of individual corruption; Regard for impunity as a public benefit; Sanctification of corruption; World of quid pro quo.
- When This Opportunity Knocks...Don't Answer! Trebilcock, Bob // Good Housekeeping;Nov99, Vol. 229 Issue 5, p212
Deals with business advertising frauds in the United States. Details on the experience of Holli Jorgensen, a 39-year-old female from Santa Cruz, California; Information on the claims of these advertisements; Actions taken by the government to solve the advertising problem.