- Graft watchdog launches 'intensive' investigation into Unicom, among others. // China Telecom;Nov2014, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p2
The article reports on the Chinese Central Commission for Discipline Inspection's (CCDI) investigation into alleged corruption involving several companies including China Unicom, China Petrochemical Group, and China Radio International.
- Bribery and corruption in the business world. Marchant, Brian // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p27
Discusses issues related to business bribery and corruption in Great Britain. Institute and RRC Business Training's development of a qualification course on issues of business ethics; Business ethics guidelines of the Chartered Institute of Purchase and Supply.
- Final notices are often hidden sales pitches. Temes, Judy // Crain's New York Business;6/13/94, Vol. 10 Issue 24, p34
Focuses on scams affecting small business owners, with emphasis on final notices. Solicitations; Directory publishing; Tips for small businesses to protect themselves.
- Preventing employee theft. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Feb93, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p39
Presents recommendations from Thomas Creal, managing director of investigation and litigation support at Chicago-based Checkers, Simon & Rosner, on identifying and reducing risks of employee theft and fraud. Run random comparative checks, back three to five years; Focus on excessive...
- Why start-ups were S. Korean economy's false hope. Baker, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;12/8/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 11, p7
Discusses the corrupt practices of businesses in South Korea, in light of the bankruptcy of Daewoo.
- NEWS FROM THE ANTI-CORRUPTION MOVEMENT. // Transparency Watch;May2007, p11
The article offers news briefs related to anti corruption movement. 16 Spanish-speaking countries sign a resolution to fight corruption and increase transparency in their country. Transparency International in Mexico creates an online information system to promote development among partners and...
- POLITICAL MANIPULATIONS AND MARKET REFORMS FAILURES. Manzetti, Luigi // World Politics;Apr2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p315
Proposes a complementary hypothesis about the influence of political manipulations on causing market reform failures. Dangers of enacting market reforms in a political system with weak accountability institutions; Risks of pursuing old-fashioned practices as collusion between government and...
- MOZAMBIQUE: RISK SUMMARY. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Jul2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p10
The article offers news briefs in Mozambique which include the increased levels of corruption and political exclusion from Frelimo opponents, the Mozambican economy which remained favorable in 2010 and 2011 that may lead below-trend but still strong gross domestic product growth over the...
- Numbers. // InsideCounsel;Mar2014, Vol. 24 Issue 267, p23
The article presents statistics on a variety of topics including the number of U.S. Department of Justice Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) enforcement actions in 2013, the number of Americans who are extremely concerned about the ethics of workers in the financial sector, and the number of...