GSW Goes Small To Conquer Rock
- Used Rigs Change HDD Market Dynamics. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p52
Explores the market for used horizontal directional drilling (HDD) equipment. Number of HDD units sold for 2002; Impact of used HDD equipment on new machines sale; Factors to be considered when purchasing new or used HDD equipment.
- What To Look For When Buying Used HDD Equipment. // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p53
Discusses factors to be considered when purchasing used horizontal directional drilling equipment. Equipment capabilities that handle specific applications; Inspection of equipment; Maintenance and repair.
- New HDD Rig Features Continuous Steel Tubing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2002, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p75
Focuses on Stewart & Stevenson's horizontal directional drill system that features continuous steel tubing. Machine design; Operation of the machine with a mud motor or other downhole power source; Advantages of the machine.
- Developing solutions for rock mini-directional drilling. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Sep96, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p34
Focuses on various solutions being developed for directional drilling in rock and rocky conditions. Challenges posed by solid formation for directional drilling systems; Development of new compact, self-contained boring system that can drill and be steered with accuracy through rock; Mud motors...
- UniversaIHDD. // Underground Construction;Jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p64
The article evaluates the UNIHammer rock tool from Robbins Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD).
- Mears Group Successfully Installs Two New HDD River Crossings. // Underground Construction;Jan2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p54
The article focuses on the successful installation of Mears Group Inc. of the two new river crossings in the U.S. The horizontal directional drilled installation technique involves drilling a borehole from one side of the river to the other where a smooth trajectory follows below the riverbed....
- DRILLING FLUIDS/POLYMERS. // Underground Construction;Mar2006, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p49
The article features drilling fluids and polymers. They include the Wyo-Ben drilling fluids, MAX BORE HDD premier one-sack, horizontal fluid system designed for mini drilling machines, Drillers Supply's FSF 1500 Polymer that provides excellent cutting encapsulation and well-bore stability, and...
- MUD MIXING SYSTEMS. // Underground Construction;Mar2006, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p50
The article features mud mixing systems for use in the underground construction industry. They include Astec's FM 330 drilling fluid mixing system, Ditch Witch's model FM50, Vermeer Manufacturing's MX125 for efficient mixing of drilling fluid for small-diameter, short-distance horizontal...
- In Demand: Compact HDD Machines. Deering, Tara // National Driller;Jan2007, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the growing demand of compact horizontal directional drilling (HDD) machines in the U.S. In the last few years, the number of fiber-to-the-premises jobs has increased and contractors need compact HDD machines for such jobs. Another reason for increasing demand of these...