Slowdown Prompts Omaha Contractor To Explore Geothermal
- What Contractors Need to Know About Well Digging. Ehm, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/20/2011, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p38
The article offers information on several things to consider by heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) contractors regarding ground-source heat pumps (GSHPs). It mentions that HVAC contractors must understand the advantage and disadvantages of GSHP. It states that training is...
- Searching for year-round indoor comfort: A comparison of the latest generation of heating and... Katz, Marvin G. // American Gas;Jul97, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p28
Features the ground source heat pump system, a new technology introduced in the United States. Specifications; Cost cutting mechanisms; Marketing support of the federal agencies for the system; Contributions in reducing greenhouse gas emissions; Prices. INSETS: The ground-source heat pump: How...
- Digging in the dirt. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p3
Provides information on the use of geothermal heat pumps (GHP) as space conditioning systems. Mechanism; Installation configurations; Efficiency rating and energy cost savings; Payback period for a GHP; Tips on GHP contracting.
- Geothermal heat pump design: The inside story. Lafferty, Mike // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on geothermal heating pump (GHP) design issues. Benefits of using GHPs; Technology at work in GHPs; Common areas of design failure.
- Geothermal provides comfort and dependability at -40.... // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p11
Cites the factors that influenced the decision of Blue River Resort in Canada to install a geothermal heating system in its administration building. Viability of the closed-loop application in the coldest climates.
- Water-source heat pumps--economical, flexible, and reliable. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p20
Highlights the benefits of water-source or geothermal water heat pumps. Ease of use; Installation, operating and maintenance costs; Simplicity; Reliability; Flexibility; Developments in geothermal heat pump technology.
- Want to learn more? // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;03/24/97, Vol. 200 Issue 12, p6
Presents sources of information about geothermal heat pumps. Geothermal heating and cooling teleconference; Regional training centers; Web sites.
- Geothermal heat on the rise. Klein, Jack // Energy User News;Sep98, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p50
Provides information as it relates to geothermal heating and cooling systems. Advantages of geothermal heating; Reference to a study conducted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency on geothermal heating and colling systems; Cost effectiveness of geothermal systems; Installation...
- Texas drought tests ground-source heat pumps. Clark II, William H. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/16/96, Vol. 199 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the changes made by the Austin Independent School District in Austin, Texas to its ground source heat pumps during the drought that hit Texas in 1996. Problems faced by ground source heat pumps during the season; Features of the district's heat pump system; Results of the changes. ...