5,675-Foot x 72-Inch HDD Bore for 48-Inch Pipe Sets New Record
- 1999 pipeline construction outlook. Aucoin, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p44
Presents several planned underground pipeline construction projects in 1999. Includes United States Federal Energy Regulatory Commission's (FERC) issuance of a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for the US portion of the Alliance Pipeline; TriState Pipeline's filing of an...
- Business. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p96
Reports on developments related to the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States as of January 1998. Includes Fiatallis' plans to introduce an expanded series of excavating equipment in early 1998; Stone Construction Equipment Inc.'s appointment of Ray Kazniak as one of...
- FYI. // Underground Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p100
Provides updates on events related to the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States as of January 1998. Includes American Augers' entry into a distributor agreement with Ellis William Co.; Availability of brochure of a cost-effective serviceable pig signaller; Logan Clay...
- Business. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p78
Reports on developments concerning the underground pipeline construction industry in the United States. Includes Garrett Engineering's offering of engineering and consulting services specializing in horizontal directional drilling; Kellogg Brown & Root chief executive officer A.J. Stanley and...
- Why do we continue to place un-locatable utilities in the ground? Berry, Joe // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p96
Opinion. Criticizes the underground construction industry's practice of burying underground pipelines without tracer wires and cables that can help locate them in the future. Concerns on whether owners of such underground facilities be able to locate them using conventional locating...
- Underground construction hosts annual round table, reception. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p5
Highlights the annual `Underground Construction/Pipeline and Gas Journal' periodicals' Contractor Reception, held November 19, 1998, in Dallas, Texas. Guest speakers; Sessions in the event; Topics discussed during the conference.
- Austin water system upgraded. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p12
Reports that the city of Austin, Texas is constructing an underground water pipeline.
- Economics drive city to perform contractor chores. Tubb, Maretta // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p70
Part I. Focuses on the Minneapolis, Minnesota city government's efforts in becoming its own contractors, including purchasing and maintaining equipment and keeping trained crews in staff, for its underground pipeline construction projects. Overview on the trenchless methods employed by city...
- Washington Watch. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Aug2002, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p10
Presents legislative developments related to the underground construction industry in the U.S. as of August 2002. Pipeline safety bill; Department of Trade's Office of Pipeline Safety general operator qualification; Gas transmission integrity program.