Underground stormwater system is a win for retail development
- EPA proposes Stormwater II program. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Mar1998, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p10
Focuses on the Phase II of Environmental Protection Agency's stormwater protection program. Construction of underground stormwater treatment facilities and pipelines designed to transport polluted stormwater.
- Small cities await flood of stormwater regulations. Veal, Steve // American City & County;May96, Vol. 111 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the importance of stormwater management and control in the United States. Stormwater requirements outlined by the Environmental Protection Agency; Categories of discharges; Amendments to the Clean Water Act; Use of geographical information systems; Comments by Jay Johnson, project...
- City moves forward on stormwater plan. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/15/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the decision of Grand Rapids city commissioners in Michigan to agree to spend 450,000 to update the city's Stormwater Management Plan in 2012.
- Stormwater funding moving to front burner. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2012 Book of Lists, Vol. 29 Issue 54, p79
The article discusses the developments in stormwater management in Grand Rapids, Michigan, particularly the efforts by the West Michigan Environmental Action Council (WMEAC) to secure financing for an upgrade to the stormwater system in the area.
- Filter fabric and liner trap sediment. Dayton, Scottie // Municipal Sewer & Water;Jun2013, p45
The article presents a case study of the Brookfield, Connecticut-based stormwater management program requiring engineers to trap sediment that could flow into collection chambers at the Riverview apartment complex.
- Correction:. // Stormwater;May2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p48
A correction to the article "Reshaping Downtown Minneapolis," in the March/April, 2010 issue of Stormwater is presented.
- WELCOMING THE WATER. Goldsmith, Wendi // Architecture Boston;Winter2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p38
In this article, the author briefly discusses several urban projects that employ green infrastructure combined with hard structures in an effort to better handle stormwater runoff. Projects in the cities of New Orleans, Louisiana, Lexington, Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts and Ocean...
- Stormwater Collection. // Municipal Sewer & Water;Sep2010, p89
A directory for companies in the U.S. that provide stormwater collection is presented.
- UV treatment reduces beach water bacteria. // American City & County;Mar2003, Vol. 118 Issue 3, p38
Presents information on the urban stormwater runoff program for Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, San Diego in California. Efforts of local officials to reduce bacterial levels in beach water; Application of ultraviolet treatment by the Urban Runoff Dry Weather Flow Treatment Facility in treating...