New guide helps municipalities monetize the value of green Infrastructure
- River Without Water. // Fly Fisherman;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p25
The article presents information that the U.S. Colorado River has been ranked first for the America's Most Endangered Rivers by the conservation group American Rivers as its water demand has exceeded the supply.
- BREACHING OF EDWARDS DAM UNLEASHES REMOVAL CONTROVERSY. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/12/99, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p13
Reports that the American Rivers Inc., a Washington D.C.-based advocacy group, just launched its Rivers Unplugged campaign that targets dams. Reason for pushing the removal of dams; Expectation from the demolition of privately-owned Edwards Dam in Augusta, Maine; Estimated number of United...
- Who Pays for Water and How? // Opflow Online;Aug2013, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p4
The article reports on the release of the report titled "Drinking Water Infrastructure" by the organization American Rivers.
- ENVIRONMENT. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/11/2014, Issue 324794, p6
The article reports that American Rivers, a Washington D.C. environmental organization, named San Joaquin River as the most endangered river in the U.S.
- Salvation for our dam nation? Carswell, Cally // High Country News;9/17/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 16, p2
The article offers the author's insights on the demolition of the Condit Dam located in White Salmon River in Washington State and the two other dams in Elwha River which prompted to the declaration of advocacy group American Rivers to 2011 as the year of the river.
- Top Ten List No Laughing Matter. // Fly Fisherman;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p26
The article offers information on the 2014 Top Ten Endangered Rivers list by the nonprofit American Rivers which includes the San Joaquin River in California, the Upper Colorado River, and the Gila River.
- IDAHO'S MEGAEMBARRASSMENT. Prentice, George // Boise Weekly;4/9/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p7
The article reports that Middle Fork of the Clearwater and Lochsa rivers in Idaho were included in the list of America's Most Endangered Rivers of 2014 by the nonprofit organization American Rivers.
- Coal River Group Protests 'Most Endangered River' Designation. Kasey, Pam // State Journal (WV);5/25/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p10
The article presents information on the protests from Coal River Group on the designating the Coal River as one of the 10 most endangered waterways by the organization American Rivers.
- Yellow Breeches Project. // Fly Fisherman;Jun2010, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p20
The article reports on the partnership among Orvis Co. and American Rivers, regarding its initiative to continue dam removal efforts and habitat restoration on Yellow Breeches Creek in south-central Pennsylvania.