Looking At CDMA Network Capacity
- Surprise twists in CDMA's future. Lynch, Grahame; Chau, Fiona // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p30
Focuses on the platform used by companies for 3G standards W-Code Division Multiple Access (W-CDMA) and CDMA 2000. Details on an agreement of Siemens and the China Academy of Telecommunication Technology (CATT); Supporters of the Time Division CDMA (TD-CDMA) developed in China; Areas that can...
- CDG reports 28.5M users. // RCR;05/17/99, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p24
Announces that worldwide cdmaOne subscribers totalled 28.5 million as of March 1999. Subscriber base of the North American Code Division Multiple Access; Net increase in the Asia-Pacific.
- 3G Field Trial Bears Burden Of Proof. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;10/30/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p26
Reveals the result of the trial of third-generation code division multiple access technology in Kansas in July and August 2000. Companies that tested the technology; Plan of Sprint PCS; Remaining questions about the technology.
- CDMA looks to next generation. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p14
Focuses on the plans of code-division multiple access (CDMA) operators and manufacturers to migrate to the third generation of services. Drawback of CDMA 2000 1x service from SK Telecom; Several wireless companies that are poised to launch their services; Estimated number of subscribers of...
- EV-DV Dying On The Vine? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p24
Focuses on the issues being faced in the code division multiple access sector in the U.S., as of October 2004. Reasons for moving to DV; Features of Samsung's DV equipment.
- Watershed of insight. Nordgaard, Joe // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p8
Comments on wireless Code Division Multiple Access technology. Key issues of interest; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communications systems.
- The price of growth. Chan, Tony // Wireless Asia;Nov2002, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p15
Discusses the setbacks suffered by carriers in their efforts to introduce code division multiple access technology in China in 2002. Technical and financial difficulties; Analysis of pertinent topics and relevant issues; Implications on wireless communication systems.
- OFDM: Not ready for prime time? Sweeney, Dan // America's Network;10/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p71
Discusses information on code division multiplex access (CDMA) and orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM). Advantages and disadvantages of using OFDM: Origins and development of CDMA and OFDM; How CDMA and OFDM systems treat a signal; Combination of OFDM and smart antenna technology;...
- Nokia speech codec selected by 3GPP2 for cdma2000. // RCR Wireless News;4/28/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 17, p6
Explainst that the Third Generation Partnership Project 2 has selected the proposal of Nokia Corp. for standardizing a cdma2000 wideband speech codec. Information on Nokia's Variable rate MultiMode Wideband speech codec.