wireless data Outlook
- A quarter of households worldwide now have wireless home networks. Hui Pan // Mobile Internet (Information Gatekeepers);Feb2012, p15
The article reports that wireless home networks have become commonplace in many global networks where 439 million households worldwide have installed Wi-Fi networks by the end of 2011.
- Ring In The New. Menezes, Bill // Wireless Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p53
Presents an article about wireless Internet. Questions that can be asked about wireless Internet; Possible implication of the 2002 Consumer Electronics International Show to wireless Internet; Plans for the 'Wireless Internet Magazine.'
- WIRELESS SPEED CHAMP. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p43
The article reports on the developments taking place in the field of wireless communication.
- KEEP THE CHANGE -- NYC Payphones to Become Free Wi-Fi Stations. // Microwaves & RF;Dec2014, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p22
The article reports that LinkNYC, communication network is focused on transforming its payphone with the new state-of-the-art wireless connection point, with an effort to bring Wi-Fi network to people traveling in New York City.
- Unplugged internet hits the spot. Bryant, Gayle // BRW;5/15/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p60
Focuses on the increase in the number of wireless Internet hotspot operators in Australia. Availability of hotspots in cafes, bars, airport lounges and other public places; Success strategies of hotspot operators.
- Wacky ways with Wi-Fi. // Electronics Weekly;7/22/2015, Issue 2635, p10
The article discusses the access of Wireless Internet (Wi-Fi) in the summit of Mount Fuji in Japan and Mount Everest.
- Improved Access to Wireless Networks a Must in 2013. Dallessandro, Lona // Wireless Week;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
The article presents the author's insights on the 2013 predictions on the development of the access to wireless networks, such as the ramping up of the use of small cells and Wi-Fi offload.
- Our guide to Li-Fi. Crookes, David // Web User;12/30/2015, Issue 387, p36
The article presents questions and answers related to the Light Fidelity (Li-Fi) technology including what are the benefits of Li-Fi, whether the flashing lights of Li-Fi are visible, and what are the limitations of Li-Fi.
- Browsing on the Road. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Aug2002, Vol. 97 Issue 8, p80
Reports on the adoption of wireless Internet by the trucking industry. Basic concept of wireless Internet; Web-enabled handheld phones from Nextel; Wireless Internet service of AirIQ. INSET: Breaking the speed limit.