disruptive technologies on the 2002 horizon
- 802 What? // University Business;Jun2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p12
Looks at several new wireless technologies. Information on WiMax; Features of 802.16e; Description of Ultrawideband.
- Ultra-Wideband technology likely to boost home network capability. Poe, Robert // America's Network;2/1/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 2, p11
Ultra-wideband wireless technology has made its debut in products or demonstrations at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Among its applications are the following: wirelessly connecting computer components that use universal serial bus or other cables and sending audio...
- WIMAX vs. UWB: The Choice for mobility. Luna, Lynnette // Mobile Radio Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p53
The article focuses on the development of WiMAX and ultrawideband (UWB) technologies towards the hype cycle concept in the U.S. Accordingly, both WiMAX and UWB technologies are already in the beginning cycle stages of development wherein companies are still doing research to have full...
- UWB Moves a Step Closer to Mainstream. // Microwave Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p51
The article reports on the development of NEC Corp. with ultra-wideband (UWB) oscillator technology that can generate 3 to 9 gigahertz wide bandwidth range in Great Britain. The NEC Corp. claimed that this development will bring improvement on the use of high speed wireless networks at home and...
- Bluetooth Killers. Wylie, Ian // Fast Company;Jul2005, Issue 96, p30
The article presents the author's view on the three wireless technologies. Near field communications (NFC) is the radio-frequency technology touted by a consortium that includes the likes of Philips, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung and Sony. Motorola and Samsung are also backing the ZigBee protocol...
- Will Bluetooth Pick UWB Sides? Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;3/20/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p22
Discusses the impact of ultrawideband (UWB) technology on Bluetooth as its way to the future of connectivity. Technological choices to be made as the result of the evolution of Bluetooth; Capabilities of UWB compared to Bluetooth; Other wireless implementations that are compatible with UWB.
- The Near Future. Hogan, Mike // Entrepreneur;May2006, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p38
The article focuses on ultra-wideband (UWB), considered as the next big thing in wireless connectivity. It reports on the interest of component and device makers in UWB because of its ability to wirelessly transfer big electronic files over short distances. The article highlights the key...
- My Technology Watch List. Lowenstein, Mark // Wireless Week;3/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p68
Presents information on several wireless communication technology. Bluetooth technology; Wireless local area network; Ultrawide Band technology.
- UWB Technology Closer to Ratification. // Microwave Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p55
Focuses on ultra-wide band (UWB) wireless technology. Function of UWB; Military applications of UWB; Information on the UWB Physical Layer specification proposals presented at a meeting in San Francisco, California on July 25, 2003.