In-Stat Market Snapshot
- Brazilian GSM spectrum auction fails to draw interest. Barros, Fabio // RCR Wireless News;3/11/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p46
Reports that no companies have shown interest in the auction of surplus global system for mobile communication spectrum in Brazil. Companies that attended the auction but opposed the bidding; Reason for the disinterest of companies.
- Tech battles over. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;3/31/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the competition between code division multiple access (CDMA)-based protocol and global system for mobile communications (GSM)-based protocol in the cellular telephone services industry. Claim by experts that CDMA is technically superior to GSM; Start of Nokia Corp. and Siemens AG,...
- A NEW APPROACH FOR THE RESOLUTION OF THE PROBLEMS OF OPTIMIZATION FOR MOBILE TELEPHONY OPERATORS. MEZIOUD, CHAKER; KHOLLADI, MOHAMMED KHIREDDINE // Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology;2009, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p307
The important success of the mobile systems of telecommunication motivates the suppliers of service to be reflected about enormous means of investments for infrastructures of network. The conception of big cellular networks is a complex problem, which turns around a big impact: the quality of...
- My Outrageous Cellular Call. Alsop, Stewart // Fortune;10/28/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 8, p52
Presents the opinion of the author that code division multiple access (CDMA) will unseat global system for mobile communication (GSM) as the worldwide standard for cellular telephones by 2010. Comparison of GSM and CDMA; Quality of CDMA systems; Cost of CDMA; Opinion that CDMA makes for better...
- When adding another network won't do. Taaffe, Joanne // Total Telecom Magazine;May2004, p20
Reports on the global system for mobile telecommunication services launched by Spring Mobil in Sweden. Roaming agreement of Spring with Tele2; Difficulty of mobile operators to achieve economies of scale through fixed-mobile substitution; Percentage of mobile calls accounted by Spring.
- Emerging Trends in China's GSM Market. Sun, Yueh-Way // Electronic News;07/05/99, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p20
Focuses on China's Global Systems for Mobile (GSM) communications cellular telephone market. Estimate on GSM subscribers in the country in 1998 and by 2003; Desire of China's Ministry of Information Industry (MII) to maximize the economic benefits of the market opportunity for Chinese; Products...
- Living on the EDGE. Davies, Wynne // Telecommunications - International Edition;Oct2004, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the marketing strategies of mobile operators in Great Britain. Reason behind the prevalence of mobile operators deploying enhanced data rates for global system for mobile (GSM) evolution (EGDE); Extent of the launching of nationwide W-CDMA networks by GSM mobile operators; Move of...
- Femtocell industry sets up forum to develop standards. // Electronics Weekly;7/4/2007, Issue 2295, p1
The article highlights the implementation of Femtocell Forum with seven founders and 60 firms on July 2, 2007 in Great Britain. The forum was implemented by femtocell industry to develop standards that link global system for mobile communications and third generation mobile phone from home base...
- AT&T Wireless' aggressive overlay plan pays off. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p8
Presents information on the business plans of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Improvement of the global system for mobile communication (GSM) facility of the company in the U.S.; Corporate partners of the company in its overlay plan; GSM coverage of AT&T Wireless.