Pharmaceutical Firms Prescribing Wireless
- Wireless device to hook up physicians and pharmacists. Muirhead, Greg // Drug Topics;3/21/94, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the development of a wireless communications device for physicians to go on-line in their communications with pharmacists. Schedule of product launching; Development of the device by the General Magic consortium; External design; Capabilities; Advantages.
- USER ASSESSMENT OF PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANTS USED IN PHARMACEUTICAL DETAILING: SYSTEM FEATURES, USEFULNESS AND EASE OF USE. Shim, Sung J.; Viswanathan, Viswa // Journal of Computer Information Systems;Fall2007, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p14
This study explores the perceptions of pharmaceutical sales representatives toward the use of personal digital assistants (PDAs) in pharmaceutical detailing. It uses data from a survey of sales representatives at a large pharmaceutical company that adopted a PDA system for use in pharmaceutical...
- Wireless Backhaul Drives Network Traffic. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p18
Reveals the factors that could drive the market for wireless backhaul, which refers to transporting voice and data traffic from a cell site to the switch. Forecasted growth of the global market for backhaul by 2006; Factor that has driven the U.S. wireless backhaul market; Companies that have...
- PCIA Report Predicts Mobile Usage. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;2/4/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the result of the PCIA/Yankelovich Global M-User Study which predicts that consumers are likely to purchase in the future when the wireless data services become widely available. Information on how the study was conducted; Some of the surprising findings; Usage pattern and interest...
- Correction. // Wireless Week;2/2/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p3
Presents a correction to the article "Making a Wireless Alternative Possible" that was previously published in the January 15, 2005 issue of the "Wireless Week."
- The platform approach to data applications. Miller, Jeff; Rifredi, Rich // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p21
Focuses on strategies on using the platform approach for wireless data communication systems. Development efforts to boost the compatibility of platform approaches to wireless systems; Platform architecture making integration easier by buffering the user interface from lower-level changes. ...
- A Decade of Progress. Civiello, Michael // Wireless Design & Development;Sep2003, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p4
Introduces a series of articles which deal with the wireless communication industry.
- Evolving wireless systems: Choosing a migration path. Tade, David // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p28
Focuses on the evolution of the wireless telephone system. High-speed circuit-switched data (HSCSD) as an option for mobile access to the Internet; Evolution of the network infrastructure of global satellite communication systems (GSM); Switch from GSM to HSCSD; Costs of implementation;...
- Maturing as a market strategy. Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p38
Looks into challenges encountered by the wireless local loop (WLL) or fixed radio access (FRA) technologies in mature telecommunications markets. Broadband market; Potential barriers; Provision of WLL services priced below $800 per line, 56 kbps or above, and extra service offerings. INSET:...