Dutch Courage: i-mode Arrives In Europe
- KPN, Interpay complete WAP financial transaction. // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p37
Reports on the completion of the Wireless Application Protocol financial transaction on mobile network by the KPN Mobile company and the Interpay Nederland company. Benefits of the real-time payment solution to mobile commerce; Technology used in the payment solution.
- WAP, i-mode may provide ROI for European carriers. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p53
Explores the prospects of Japan's i-mode and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) in Europe. Obstacle facing WAP 2.0; Satisfaction survey result among corporate WAP users; Key to the continued evolution of WAP-based services; Projected growth of WAP subscribers through 2002; Aim of NTT DoCoMo's...
- KPN Mobile begins i-mode tests. // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p15
Reports on the tests of i-mode wireless services by the company KPN Mobile in the Netherlands as of December 24, 2001. Features of the services; Information on agreements of KPN with i-mode content providers; Facts on the cellular telephone ringing tone download service of Yamaha Corp.
- Alcatel Claims International 3G Demo a Success. Mason, John // Electronic News;5/26/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 21, pN.PAG
Reports on the claims of Alcatel that it successfully participated in the FOMA third-generation (3G) telecommunication system demonstration provided by NTT DoCoMo and KPN Mobile. Advantage of the interoperability of Alcatel's transmission systems and 3G wireless equipment; Characteristics of...
- Road to paradise pitted with potholes. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;01/29/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 5, p16
Deals with the problems faced by telecommunication companies in Europe due to the market slowdown of third generation wireless communication services as of January 2001. Strategy of France Telecom to ease off its debt; Downgrade in the rating of KPN Mobile; Companies that withdrew from the...
- 3G testing gets serious. Paakkolanvaara, Pertti // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep2001, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p69
Focuses on the motivation in the deployment of the third generation (3G) networks. Use of high-capacity data services; Development of wireless application protocol; Technical challenges in wireless personal services.
- A revolution in our midst. Puetz, John // Satellite Communications;Mar2000, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p38
Focuses on the Internet technology and Internet Protocol. Forecast on the growth of Internet users from around the world by 2005; Views on the capacity of transoceanic routes and Internet traffic; Effect of the Internet on content distribution.
- Shepherding Wireless IP. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Jun2001, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p28
Comments on factors that will affect the management of wireless communication Internet protocol (IP) in Canada. Application of lessons learned from fixed-line communication providers; Goal to achieve spectrum optimization; Internet protocol architecture challenges of wireless IP providers. ...
- Faster Internet Connections. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p16
Presents WipLL solution of Marconi Company for Internet access by Telecosmo in Mexico. Benefits of using the Internet protocol; Features of the wireless system; Provision of antennas for high-speed data service.