Brisbane City Cats were down, but not out
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Railway Gazette International;May2013, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p19
This section offers news briefs on railroad transport including the launch by Transdev Chairman Jean-Marc Janaillac of a financial and business strategy, approval by the Saudi Council of Ministers of a transport plan for Jeddah and opening of Paris metro Line 4 extension to Mairie de Montrouge.
- Deutsche Bahn to buy Veolia's eastern European bus ops. // Regional Today;02/05/2013, p2
The article discusses rail operator Deutsche Bahn's signing of an agreement to acquire Veolia Transdev's bus operations in eastern Europe for 200-million euros.
- French operators sign Chinese agreements. // Railway Gazette International;Jun2013, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the operating agreement signed by French firms Transdev and RATP Dev with the Shenyang government in China for the operation of the Shenyang tram network during the visit by French President FranÃ§ois Hollande to China on April 26, 2013.
- Veolia ready to exit transport sector. // Railway Gazette International;Jan2012, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p14
The article reports on the confirmation of the interest of French firm Veolia Environment to sell its share of Veolia Transdev in order to lessen its debts on December 6, 2011.
- Operator sought. // Railway Gazette International;Dec2015, Vol. 171 Issue 12, p13
The article reports on the rail operators, including Transdev, Rhenus Veniro, DB Bus, and regional bus operator Regionalverkehr Gera/Land, that expressed interest in the request for proposals from the city government of Gera, Germany to operate tram and bus services in the city.
- Sonar/Multibeam Data Interface. // Sea Technology;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p53
The article evaluates the GeoSwath Plus inferometric sonar and the HYSWEEP module for multibeam data collection and processing from GeoAcoustics Ltd. and HYPACK Inc.
- French, U.S. navies to test buoy-based submarine detector for ASW aircraft. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/13/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p64
Report that a US/French navy program will evaluate a buoy-deployed submarine detection system conceived by France's Crouzet. It's called MAD, for magnetic anomaly detector.
- DARPA studies optical, radar techniques for spotting submarines from air, space. Klass, P.J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/6/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p27
Discusses new radar and optical techniques for detecting submarines from airborne or space-based platforms, and other efforts by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to explore high-risk, potentially high-payoff technologies.
- The super sonars. Gibbs, J. // Outdoor Life;May88, Vol. 181 Issue 4, p108
Fish finders are to fishing what binoculars are to hunting. How and where you fish, though, will determine which type of sonar unit will give you the clearest underwater vision.