Volvo Penta IPS3 to be released at local shows this year
- INBOARD BREAKTHROUGH? STAY TUNED. // Yachting;Dec2004, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p24
Provides information on an inboard propulsion system from Volvo Penta.
- FOR BOATS, PULLING BEATS PUSHING. Clendaniel, Morgan; Davidson, Kate Cheney; Fox, Porter; Thompson, Kalee; Wagenberg, Melissa // Popular Science;Dec2005, Vol. 267 Issue 6, p84
This article provides information on the Volvo Penta Inboard Performance System. A pair of forward-facing, counter-rotating propellers are placed side by side directly underneath the engine. Microprocessor-controlled steering rotates the two propellers to point the engine's thrust in the desired...
- NEW PROPULSION CONCEPTS FOR SURFACE SHIPS. JONES, ROBIN // Naval Forces;2015, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses the new propulsion concepts for surface ships as of December 2015.
- High Time for Hybrids? Dawson, Dudley // Yachting;Apr2011, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p22
The article looks at the benefits of using hybrid propulsion systems in yachts for energy conservation and pollution control and emphasizes that the technology still needs some more advancements to offer absolute solution.
- Steam Paddle Tug ERSEKCSANAD. Stanford, Rob // Australian Model Engineering;Jul/Aug2010, Issue 151, p40
Several photographs and a description of the steam paddle tug ERSEKCSANAD propulsion system are presented.
- HYDRODYNAMIC SYMPOSIUM AT VOITH TURBO MARINE. Strachman, Ian // Naval Forces;2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p64
The article highlights the proceedings of the Hydrodynamic Symposium--Voith Schneider Propulsion conducted by Voith Turbo Marine from March 23 to 24, 2006 in Heidenheim, Germany. Representatives mainly from European Ship Model Tanks, tug and offshore vessel operators and scientists discussed...
- THE NEXT STEP. Pike, Bill // Power & Motoryacht;Sep2008, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p81
The article focuses on the Boat Engine Integration Center operated by Volvo Penta of the Americas in Portsmouth, Virginia. This multimillion-dollar, 18,500-square-foot facility is partitioned into offices, a design center and machine shops. In addition to a wealth of hands-on experience with...
- Ecoship hull, propulsion plant help trim carbon dioxide emissions 70%. // Offshore;Jul97, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p86
Reports on Volvo Penta of the Americas Inc.'s Ecoship ship design. Design's emphasis on environmental impact minimization, energy consumption reduction and safety improvement; Patented hull shape of the Ecoship. INSET: Electronic diesel control..
- Stakeout. // Boating;May2003, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p56
Introduces the Volvo Penta SeaKey satellite communication system.