Oceaneer MARINE BROKERS
- Estimating natural and fishing mortality and tag reporting rate of southern rock lobster (Jasus edwarsii) from a multiyear tagging model. Frusher, S.D.; Hoenig, J.M. // Canadian Journal of Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences;Dec2001, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p2490
Estimates fishing, natural mortality rates and tag reporting rate for rock lobsters using multilayer tagging models in Tasmania, Australia. Description of the model; Separation of fishing mortalities by sex; Analysis of the reporting rate estimates.
- Cape rock lobster (Jasus lalandii) exploitation in the past: estimating carapace length from mandible sizes. Jerardino, A.; Navarro, R.; Nilssen, P. // South African Journal of Science;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 97 Issue 1/2, p59
Morphometric equations for estimating carapace lengths of Cape rock lobsters (Jasus lalandii) were derived from mandible measurements for the purpose of zooarchaeological reconstructions. A linear regression model was based on measurements of males, females and both sexes combined, and for left...
- BUG BATTLES. Hendricks, Jim // Boating;Sep2012, p46
The article offers information on the recreational spiny lobster fishing competition in California.
- Spiny lobsters stick and slip to make sound. Patek, Sheila N. // Nature;5/10/2001, Vol. 411 Issue 6834, p153
Provides information on a study which examined the use of frictional stick-and-slip mechanism by spiny lobsters, Palinuridae, to make pulsed sounds. Information on the mechanism; Examination of the correlation between plectrum movement and sound production; Use of the pulsed sounds as lobsters'...
- Designing and evaluating length-frequency surveys for trap fisheries with application to the southern rock lobster. McGarvey, Richard; Pennington, Michael // Canadian Journal of Fisheries & Aquatic Sciences;Feb2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p254
Presents a survey design for estimating the length distribution of harvested southern rock lobsters for South Australian fishery. Sampling protocol options for the South Australian rock lobster length monitoring survey; Estimates of the variance components for the number of harvested rock...
- Demystifying larval epic. // Professional Fisherman;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p9
Reports that researchers are tracing the 2000 kilometer journey of billions of ornate rock lobster larvae in northern Australia to safeguard the future of two lobster fisheries. Use of computer modeling to link ocean current information with lobster life cycle.
- Predation by West Coast rock lobsters (Jasus lalandii) on two species of winkle (Oxystele sinensis and Turbo cidaris). Zyl, R.F. van; Mayfield, S.; Pulfrich, A.; Griffiths, C.L. // South African Journal of Zoology;Oct98, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p203
Provides information on a study which examined the size selectivity, prey species preferences and consumption rates of the rock lobsters feeding on the two species of winkle in South Africa. Information on the habitat of rock lobsters; Description of the winkle species; Estimation on the...
- Spiny Lobster in "Crazy Water". // Bon Appetit;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p110
A recipe for Spiny Lobster in Crazy Water is presented.
- Spiny Lobster, Parrotfish Catch. // Environment Hawai'i;Aug2014, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that the council staff and Scientific and Statistical Committee (SSC) in Hawaii proposed to increase the catch limits for a number of species whose Annual Catch Limits (ACL) exceeded including Spiny Lobster and Parrotfish.