Port Lincoln tuna farmers fight quota cuts on evidence of huge stocks
- Hard 'core. Martin, Guy // Outdoor Life;Sep96, Vol. 198 Issue 3, p72
Presents the author's experience while fishing for false albacore in Long Island, New York. Area-based fishing guide Paul Dixon's career background; Tips on tuna fishing. INSET: Getting a line on fat Albert, by Andy Dear..
- Fall is for tuna. Cooper Jr., Pete // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep94, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p56
Discusses the seasonal differences in tuna fishing in Louisiana. Autumn migration behavior of yellowfin tuna; Tendency to gather around oil platforms; Location and catching techniques. INSETS: Where to stay.;Tuna in trouble?..
- Early-season tuna tactics. Chagnon, Mitch // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun95, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p76
Discusses methods of catching early-summer yellowfin and bluefin tuna in Block Island, Rhode Island. Migration route; Tuna's sources of energy; Reliance of tune on fat reserves while migrating; Points to consider in using spreader-bars; Importance of approach and presentation in early-season...
- Tuna time in Texas. Sloan, Robert // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p70
Focuses on tuna fishing off the shores of Texas. Period of exceptional tuna fishing; Chumming the rocks for blackfin tunas; Trolling the rigs; Targeting big yellowfins.
- Slick tricks for shy tuna. Roecker, W.A. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb97, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p66
Presents advice on tuna fishing. Recommendation of small hooks over large ones; Appearance of bait as another important factor; Cast timing; Defensive fishing. INSETS: Oven-fried tuna with bean and pepper salsa.;Long-range tackle tips..
- Teenage mutant ninja tuna. Gibson, Barry // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar97, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p152
Relates the author's experience while tuna fishing in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Author's previous encounter with record-size tunas in the area; Account of the author and his companion's battle to land the tuna.
- Tuna cache off Cabo. Cuanang, Angelo // Salt Water Sportsman;Oct97, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p60
Describes tuna fishing in San Jaime Bank located some 20 miles west-by-northwest off Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Exciting ways to catch big tuna in Mexico; Types of tuna that can be found in the bank; Minimum weight of the fish from the bank. INSETS: Fishing the San Jaime Bank.;Hot new long-range...
- FOOTBALL GAMES. Phillips, John E. // Salt Water Sportsman;Dec2003, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p46
Discusses blackfin tuna and football fishing in the U.S. Upper Gulf.
- KEY WEST BLACKFIN TUNA. // Salt Water Sportsman;Mar2005, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p78
Offers advice on fishing for blackfin tuna along the Key West area in the Florida Keys.
- Blizzards and bluefins! Brownlee, John // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep96, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p56
Presents an anecdote about catching giant bluefish tuna in Cape Hatteras, North Carolina. Warning about the weather; Trick in hooking a fish; Allowable number of fish per boat. INSET: Hatteras travel information, by Barry Gibson..