CSIRO orders new research vessel
- Jascon 5 christened. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the launch of Jascon 5 by SembCorp Marine and Consolidated Projects Ltd. subsidiary Sembawang Shipyard Ltd. Value involved in the contract; Construction and design of the shipyard; Deployment of the vessel worldwide.
- VESSELS, RIGS & UPGRADES. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Apr2004, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p18
Reports developments related to the offshore oil industry as of April 2004. Delivery of the third of four 207-ft supply boats by Bollinger Shipyards Inc. to Tidewater Inc.; Establishment of a single-purpose joint venture company by Sembawang Shipyard Pte. Ltd. with Deep Drilling 1 Pte Ltd.;...
- First FPSO in GoM inevitable. Paganie, David // Offshore;Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p28
The article reports on the 88 million dollar contract awarded by Bergesen Worldwide (BW) to Sembawang Shipyard to convert the Ultra Large Crude Carrier, BW Enterprise into a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading unit (FPSO) in the gulf of Mexico. The FPSO will be installed on the...
- FPSO For Mexico's Bay of Campeche. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Apr2006, Vol. 233 Issue 4, p57
This article reports on the contract awarded by Bergesen Worldwide Offshore to Sembawang Shipyard. The deal aims to convert the ULCC crude carrier BW Enterprise to a floating production storage offloading (FPSO) vessel. The contract scope calls for the tanker to be converted into an FPSO. Major...
- New research vessel for CSIRO. // Ausmarine;Jan2014, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p16
The article reports that Sembawang Shipyard of Singapore and Teekay Shipping Australia will be handing over the 94-metre scientific research vessel Investigator designed by Canadian naval architecture firm Robert Allan Ltd. to new owners CSIRO.
- Jumbo builds Jascon 5. // Offshore;Sep2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p14
Reports that Sembawang Shipyard Ltd. has built MV Jascon in Singapore. Installation of the Huisman revolving mast crane onboard the vessel by MV Jumbo Challenger; Functional designs of the vessel; Usefulness of the Huisman crane onboard when making pipeline shore approaches.
- Subsea 7 unveils flagship construction vessel Seven Borealis. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Oct2012, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p72
The article discusses the flagship construction of the Seven Borealis vessel from Subsea 7 Inc. It says that the vessel contains J-lay and S-lay in all of the current water depths and installation of heaviest structures of subsea production. It states that Sembawang Shipyard Pte Ltd. has...
- VESSELS, RIGS, UPGRADES. Maksoud, Judy // Offshore;Dec2006, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p24
The article offers world news briefs from offshore industry. Aker Kvaerner will deliver process modules to Aker Floating Production, a Norwegian Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel operator. Swiber Holdings Ltd. will invest $5.1 million for financing the acquisition and/or...
- INTERNATIONAL--MARITIME--FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT--UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE RECOGNITION AND ENFORCEMENT OF FOREIGN ARBITRAL AWARDS--CONVERSION DATE FOR MONEY JUDGMENT--JURISDICTION OF COURT--FEDERAL RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE--IN REM-- IN PERSONAM. // Arbitration Journal;Mar1993, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p93
This article focuses on the court case Sembawang Shipyard Ltd. v. Charger Inc. Sembawang Shipyard Ltd., a Singapore ship repairer, performed repairs on a vessel, the M/V Charger, owned by Charger Inc., a Liberian corporation. After paying several installments, Charger defaulted. Sembawang filed...