- THE ECONOMICS OF DEVELOPING THE RESOURCES OF THE WORLD'S OCEANS. Bunich, P. // Problems of Economics;Aug75, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p76
Focuses on the economic significance of ocean resources. Consideration of ecological, legal, political, economic and technical-production; Significance of ocean in the demineralization of salt water; Usage of the ocean for transportation.
- The Rush to the Undersea Market. // Management Review;Aug67, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p17
Reports on business opportunities that come from selling to those who work the sea. Provisions of the 1996 Marine Resources and Engineering Development Act of the United States; Cultivation of undersea vegetation; Search for fresh waters, minerals, chemicals and oil.
- John M. Gates and Marine Resource Economics. SUTINEN, JON G. // Marine Resource Economics;Summer2011, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p167
The article recalls the history of the publication, "Marine Resource Economics" (MRE) and its relationship with fisheries economics professor, John Gates. The first MRE issue included his work, "Principal Types of Uncertainty in Fishing Operations," and when Crane Russak & Company sold its...
- Fishing's secretive controllers. // Nature;12/16/2004, Vol. 432 Issue 7019, p785
Comments on the exclusion of the media and the public from the meetings of the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas, an international agency controlling fishing for several migratory species in the Atlantic Ocean. Citation of the environmental impact of the...
- Research on the Total Factor Productivity and Decomposition of Chinese Coastal Marine Economy: Based on DEA-Malmquist Index. Li, Jinkai; Zhang, Jin; Gong, Liutang; Miao, Pei // Journal of Coastal Research;Mar2015 Supplement, Vol. 73, p283
Li, J.; Zhang, J.; Gong, L., and Miao, P., 2015. Research on the total factor productivity and decomposition of Chinese coastal marine economy: based on DEA-Malmquist index. Based on DEA-Malmquist index method, this paper analyzes the total factor productivity of 11 Chinese coastal cities'...
- NEWS: Catching the next wave. // Engineer (Online Edition);7/4/2011, p10
The article reports that the Renewable Energy Association has questioned the progress of the project under the Maritime Renewable Deployment Fund (MRDF) from the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC).
- Indian Finfish Exports - An Analysis of Export Performance and Revealed Comparative Advantage. Gopal, Nikita; Jeyanthi, P.; Geethalakshmi, V.; Unnithan, G. R. // Agricultural Economics Research Review;Jul-Dec2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p291
The export of finfish from India has been rising over the past few years and in 2006-07 it contributed almost 44 per cent of the total marine products exported from the country in quantity terms. However in value terms its contribution is only 16 per cent, indicating low unit value realization...
- The Other Royal Navy. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/15/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 37, pDT38
The article presents an interview with Admiral Bernard Rogel of the French navy. When asked what makes for an effective navy, Rogel discusses the need to conduct security and defense operations, the importance of quick decision making, and the ability to work jointly with other forces....
- Reclaiming the Indian Ocean. Kabukuru, Wanjohi // New African;Feb2014, Issue 536, p32
The article focuses on the economic and political aspects of Africa's perceptions of its oceans. Topics discussed include lack of awareness about the ocean in Africa, issue of sharing the Indian Ocean rim between African countries and increase in the demand for more ocean space interest in...