- cdma200-1x: China Unicom's technology bet. Chau, Fiona // Telecom Asia;May2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p10
Reports the use of cdma2000-1x communication technology by China Unicom. Effort of outservicing rival China Mobile; Expansion of services; Upgrade of the network; Offer of promotional incentives to users.
- Big opportunities in China for Western telecommunications companies. // Chinatown News;9/3/94, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p8
Discusses China's decision to sanction a second telephone network to compete with the state monopoly. The competing network, to be known as China United Telecommunications, or China Unicom, will help `accelerate' the development of the telecommunications sector to cope with the demands of a...
- China telecom policy in flux over investment decree. LYNCH, GRAHAME // Telecom Asia;Nov98, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p8
Discusses the result of Beijing's move to end the so called Chinese-Chinese-Foreign (CCF) investment used by China Unicom and Great Wall. Effect of the CCF decision to foreign investors; Effort of China's national government to allow foreign investors in its telecommunication sector; Why Unicom...
- China Unicom confusion continues. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/05/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p42
Focuses on the confusion surrounding China Unicom's cdmaOne technology deployment plans in China.
- Unicom lines up CNY100bn for 3G expansion. // China Telecom;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on the plan of China Unicom to invest 15.8 million U.S. dollars into infrastructure construction in 2012.
- China Unicom saving money on capital expenses. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p114
Focuses on China Unicom, a telecommunications company in Beijing, China. Factors contributing to the decrease in capital expenditure; Addition of subscribers to the company; Information on the capital expenditure budget of China Unicom; Selection of Asia.com to expand Wireless Application...
- The Long Wait Continues. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p1
Reports that China Unicom Ltd., a mobile phone company in China, postponed signing contracts for code division multiple access (CDMA) network. View of William Lee of LinkAir Communications about the issue; Why the China Ministry of Information Industry does not want China Unicom to deploy...
- China Unicom to use narrowband CDMA. // RCR Wireless News;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p60
Reports that China Unicom is planning to build narrowband telecommunication networks based on the code division multiple access standard in China.
- Unicom reduces roaming fees between China and 39 overseas markets. // China Telecom;Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that telecommunications operator China Unicom has lowered its international roaming fees between China and 39 overseas destinations by an average decrease of 47 percent in the cost of incoming and outgoing mobile calls.