Lucent Sells Venture Portfolio
- Lucent sells interest in venture firm. // Electronics Weekly;1/9/2002, Issue 2034, p8
Reports that Lucent Technologies has sold an 80 percent share of its venture capital group to London, England-based Coller Capital. Lucent's remaining controlling interest in the venture capital.
- Lucent's future limbo. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p3
Deals with the speculation among analysts on the possible sale of Lucent Technologies Inc. Credit rating of the company; Background of the company's performance; Plan of the company to layoff more employees.
- BT cuts Brightstar stake in split from investments. // New Media Age;2/6/2003, p5
Reports on the plan of British Telecommunications (BT) to sell most of its corporate incubator BT Brightstar. Cost of the deal; Fund provided by Coller Capital; Role of New Venture Partners in the investment process.
- NMS acquires Lucent voice business. // RCR Wireless News;10/22/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p11
Announces the acquisition of the voice enhancement and echo cancellation business of Lucent Technologies by NMS Communications in 2001. Terms of the agreement.
- Whale watching. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p15
Provides information on the plans of Lucent Technologies to sell its fiber optical solutions unit in Norcross, Georgia. Reason behind the sale; Bidders for the unit; Concern over antitrust issues.
- Lucent sells Kenan billing unit to CSG. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;1/7/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p18
Reports on the decision of Lucent Technologies Inc. to sell Kenan Systems Corp. to CSG Systems International Inc. Estimated value of the deal; Terms under the agreement; Services provided by CSG.
- Late News. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p1
Focuses on speculations about the growing interest of companies in the fiber-optic unit of Lucent Technologies Inc. Reason for the interest of several companies in acquiring the unit; Estimated value Lucent expects from the sale of the unit.
- Status of BLDA still pending. Fasca, Chad // Electronic News;07/06/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2226, p32
Reports on the bid invitation for the sale or spinoff of Bell Labs Design Automation from Lucent Technologies. Names of the companies interested in buying Bell Labs Design; Option for Lucent to sell Bell Labs for short-term cash or spinoff for a longer term investment.
- Investment firm pushes for Lucent, Cisco ATM deal. Duffy, Jim // Network World;10/21/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p15
Reports that Wall Street, New York-based Investment firm UBS Warburg is suggesting Lucent Inc. to sell its computer network assets to the U.S. -based Cisco Inc. Possible reason stated by UBS Warburg for the deal; Infrastructure of Lucent Inc.