NextWave Deal Still Not Settled
- NEXTWAVE ASSET VALUE DROPS AS HIGH COURT RULING LOOMS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;5/13/2002, Vol. 242 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the declining value of the wireless licenses of NextWave Telecom Inc. in the U.S. as of May 13, 2002. Amount of the licenses offered in a re-auction with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission and wireless operators last January 2002; Bankruptcy situation of NextWave.
- Notoriety. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p12
Comments on the issue of the wireless licenses involving NextWave Telecom Incorporated. Large carriers in the United States that want licenses held by NextWave.
- Now what? Meyer, Dan; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p6
Deals with the reaction of wireless communication operators in the United States to the disappearance of NextWave Telecom Inc. licenses. Decision of Verizon Wireless not to participate in any specrum auctions; Value of the spectrum won by AT&T Wireless during an auction; Impact of the absence...
- Wireless time. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p10
Expresses opinion on several issues related to the wireless industry in the U.S. Comment on the status of communication systems among local public-safety departments; Speculation on consolidation among wireless carriers; Outcome of auction for licenses owned by NextWave Telecom Inc.
- NextWave wins FCC court battle. // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on January 27, 2003, that NextWave Telecom Inc. will keep its 90 wireless licenses despite its failure to meet payment obligations. NextWave's option to develop the wireless licenses itself or turn around and re-sell them to the highest bidder; Seizure...
- Loud and clear. Stein, Lisa // U.S. News & World Report;12/10/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 24, p10
Mentions that the United States Justice Department has approved a deal between the Federal Communications Commission and NextWave regarding wireless licenses.
- Hardin questions NextWave's default date. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Mooney, Elizabeth V.; Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p1
Presents an update on NextWave Telecom Inc.'s effort to keep its 90 wireless licenses despite a cancellation notice from the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Schedule of court proceedings; NextWave's plan to ask the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit to rehear the...
- NextWave Negotiations Continue. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between wireless service providers, the United States government and NextWave Telecom Inc. regarding spectrum licenses of Nextwave. Response of government lawyers and legislators on the issue; Background information on how NextWave took the licenses from the...
- Cingular to use NextWave spectrum. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the rumored purchase of personal communication service systems licenses from NextWave Telecom Inc. by Cingular Wireless LLC. Press release issued by NextWave's public relations agency; Value of the deal; Benefits of the deal to both companies.