Scannell Has Plan to Grow BBC America
- Are You Being SERVED? Halter, Ed // Out;Aug2007, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p64
The article focuses on the growth of gay-related television programs in the U.S. It cites the reasons behind the increase in popularity of gay television programs. It details the policy adopted by BBC America in integrating gay content in its programs. It provides a comparison between the U.S....
- The Insider. Spring, Greg // Electronic Media;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p8
Reports on developments in television broadcasting in the United States for the week ending March 29, 1999. Includes Western Initiative Media's Bill Croasdale's comments on the annual March network programming development meetings; Nickelodeon president Herb Scannell's chance to throw out the...
- BIZ Briefs. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/21/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p25
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of March 21, 2005. Appointment of Herb Scannell and Bill Roedy at MTV Networks; Refusal of Liberty Media chairman John Malone to spend money on a proposed third satellite operator.
- MTV Reorganizes After Folding in Comedy Central. Chunovic, Louis // Television Week;6/2/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the expansion of the roles of two executives at television network MTV Networks in the U.S. Judy McGrath; Herb Scannell.
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;4/27/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 82, p2
The article presents an update on cable television programming in the U.S. as of April 27, 2006. BBC America is co-producing six episodes of the television series "State Within" with the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC). YES is expanding its number of high definition television broadcasts by 7...
- The most flattered network. Frutkin, A.J. // Adweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR22
The cable television network BBC America revolutionizes television in the U.S. But for BBC America, the comedy show "The Officer," that put the emerging cable network on the map. A workplace comedy set in a paper manufacturing company outside of London, England, the show took home two trophies...
- Antennas revisited: A look at developing trends. Markley, Don // World Broadcast Engineering;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p16
Reports the use of panel antennas for television broadcasting in the United States. Installation of panel antennas at 150 kilowatts power; Application of panel antennas in multiple station standby systems; Reduction of the pattern distortion effects.
- People's choice: Top cable shows. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p23
Informs about rankings of top basic cable programs in United States from July 24-30, 1995 and pay cable programs from July 24-30, 1995. `Kindergarten Cop,' movie; `The Terminator,' movie; `O.J. Simpson Trial Coverage'; More.
- Ratings week. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/14/95, Vol. 125 Issue 33, p17
Presents the ratings of television programs in the United States from July 31 to August 6, 1995.