Comcast Policy Chief Waz to Retire
- Waz Returns to Comcast. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;1/14/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p15
The article focuses on Joe Waz who has rejoined the U.S. based company, Comcast Corp. as a senior strategic adviser.
- PeopleWatch... // CT Daily;1/8/2013, p1
The article announces three appointments including Joe Waz as advisor of the Public Policy and External Affairs division at Comcast Corp., Byron Cantrall as regional vice president of Comcast's Business Services division and Mark Pougnet as chief financial officer (CFO) of Front Porch Digital Inc.
- New source of capital. V.M.K. // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p8
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s acquisition of Maclean Hunter's United States cable systems with equity capital from California Public Employees Retirement System (CALPERS). Value of the deal; Joint venture with gas provider Enron Corp.; Benefits of Comcast's equity partnership with CALPERS.
- THE SUNSET GRILL. Elligott, Tim // Telephony;5/31/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 11, p29
Discusses the retirement of Comcast Chairman C. Michael Armstrong. Career achievements; Efforts of Armstrong to measure his company's growth, margins and efficiency against a false standard; Comcast's plan to to offer Internet protocol telephone service by 2006.
- Cablers Help Obama In Fundraising Drive. Hearn, Ted; Spangler, Todd; Vernadakis, George // Multichannel News;7/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 27, p4
The article discusses how the cable industry democrats helped to raise fund for the Obama Victory Fund. The fundraising event, held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, raised about $1.3 million for the Obama Victory Fund. Comcast personnel were among the attendees of the event, including Joe...
- Comcast Picks Up Retirement Living. Vernadakis, George // Multichannel News;1/19/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p26
The article focuses on the carriage agreement between Retirement Living TV (RLTV) and Comcast Corp. It notes that RLTV provides programming on finance, health and other issues significant to people age 50 and older. Statements from Brad Knight of RLTV and Matt Bond of Comcast Corp. regarding the...
- People. // CableFAX Daily;3/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 55, p3
Provides an update on personnel changes in the cable television and telecommunication sector as of March 22, 2006. Retirement of Cablevision's Wilt Hildenbrand; Move of Scott Calloway to join the Southern Division of Comcast; Appointment of Gloria Tristani at The Benton Foundation.
- Pension fund bets on the biz...budget busting. Peers, Martin // Variety;3/6/95, Vol. 358 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the entry of California Public Employees Retirement Systems (Calpers), the biggest pension fund in the United States, into the motion picture industry by investing in Comcast and DreamWorks SKG. Wall Street analysts' remarks on Calpers' investment moods.
- Add Standup Comic to Martin's Career Menu. Ted Hearn; Haugsted, Linda; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/24/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p4
The article reports on the standup comic act of Kevin Martin, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), at a fundraiser hosted by the Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA). Martin delivered funny comments and hilarious one-liners at his opponents. Martin also made...