More Language of Commercial Services
- Profile: Pippa Dunn, chief marketing officer EE. Bacon, Jonathan // Marketing Week;7/10/2014, p7
The article presents information on chief marketing officer (CMO) Pippa Dunn's plans for the telecommunications company EE. Topics include details on actor Kevin Bacon's role as the spokesperson for the brand's advertising campaigns, the role of customer services in EE's three brands, and a...
- My Month: Nina Bibby. // Marketing (00253650);6/1/2013, p9
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of preparing for the launch of the Bespoke Offers service offered by Barclaycard to consumers who would be allowed to get offers based on value and personalization.
- A New Use for NBD: Old models can fit new data and conditions. Lee, Richard // Marketing Research;Fall2009, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p31
The article discusses research on marketing mathematical models. The stochastic model the negative binomial distribution (NBD) is considered. The model has been considered to have a high predictive value for consumer purchases of packaged goods, but a lesser value for subscription services such...
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week;7/26/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 28, p12
The author offers opinions on brand loyalty in marketing, stating that the system failures of the wireless telecommunications services company O2 and the computer systems of the banking industry firm NatWest indicate that companies may have promised more services to customers than can be...
- Old way or new way? Only one way works - my way. GITOMER, JEFFREY // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/2/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p15
The article discusses ways of thinking, selling and acting responsibly with the consumers which include to uncover the customer's intention and motive for the products, to talk about the outcomes of the products and to prove the value of the products.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE MARKETING, CULTURAL DIFFERENCES, & THE BIG 5 IN BANGLADESH, IRAQ, PAKISTAN, & THE UNITED STATES. Estrada, Paula; Hartwell, Kevin; Steinberg, Hannah // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Fall2016, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
According to Hofstede's 6-D model, Pakistan has a moderately high score in power-distance, while Iraq has an extremely high score. Both countries have great distance in power, and will probably no be open to outside arguments or suggestions from customers. Being such a cultural norm however, the...
- MARKETING CUSTOMER SERVICE, CULTURAL DIFFERENCES, & THE BIG 5 IN JAPAN, RUSSIA, KENYA, THE UNITED KINGDOM, AND THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Johnson, Erin; Gomez, Elizabeth; Steinberg, Hannah // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the Ac;Fall2016, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p14
In Russia, the country as a whole has kept very traditional values. The power is mostly concentrated in their capital, Moscow. This shows that Russia has a high power distance. Most of major decisions are made here and do not require much approval in different levels of hierarchy in the country....
- Forecasts: Nonfiction. Stuttaford, G. // Publishers Weekly;11/8/1991, Vol. 238 Issue 49, p58
Reviews the book `Relationship Marketing: Successful Strategies for the Age of the Consumer,` by Regis McKenna.
- Annoying customers with a barrage of emails has become cheaper than delivering good service. // Marketing Week (01419285);1/16/2014, p11
The author offers opinions on marketing management, criticizing telecommunication company BT and electronic commerce firm Amazon.com for what is said to be a lazy dependence on e-mail communication with consumers rather than providing efficient customer services.