Liberty Global Grows in Germany
- M&A overdrive. // TVB Europe;Sep2014, p51
The article offers information on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in broadcasting industry. Topics discussed include M&A activity of the telecommunications company Liberty Global, a report by market research company SNL Kagan on M&A, and Liberty Global's acquisition of cable operator Kabel BW in...
- Germany Court Says 'Nein' To Liberty-Kabel BW Deal. // Multichannel News;8/19/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p6
The article offers information on a merger and acquisition to be held on Dec. 15, 2012 of cable operator Kabel BW by television firm Liberty Global Inc. which was not approved by Dusseldorf Higher Regional Court of Germany and giving the reason that merger would lead to prevailing market position.
- Ropes & Gray leads Liberty Global on German cable TV acquisition. // Lawyer (Online Edition);3/28/2011, p10
The article offers information that Liberty Global Inc. has been lead by Ropes & Gray LLP on its proposed acquisition of Kabel Baden-Wurttemberg (Kabel BW), third-largest cable television (TV) operator of Germany. It informs that a team from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP has advised Liberty...
- Germany's Unitymedia KabelBW deploys Ciena solution for backbone upgrade. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;4/18/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p13
The article reports that German cable operator Unitymedia KabelBW is deploying its 100 Gbit/s coherent optical transport platform for a backbone network upgrade.
- Germany's Unitymedia KabelBW deploys Ciena solution for backbone upgrade. // Photonics Components & Subsystems;Apr2014, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on the deployment by German cable operator Unitymedia KabelBW to its 100 gigabit (Gbit)/s coherent optical transport platform for a backbone network upgrade.
- Comverse supports German cable operator. // Telecom Asia;Aug2008 Supplement, p6
The article reports on the move of Kabel BW to choose Comverse Technology Inc. to provide it with a billing solution to support its subscriber base of about 2.3 million households in the U.S. Under the deal, Comverse is responsible for the solution's integration with the existing legacy systems...
- TelefÃ³nica in talks with German operators. Hawkes, Alex // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
TelefÃ³nica is reportedly in talks with German mobile operators Freenet and Drillisch, as well as Liberty Global's Unitymedia Kabel, as it continues to seek approval from the EU for its takeover of KPN's E-Plus.
- Liberty Global eyes Brazilian move. // Latin America Telecom;Feb2014, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the plan of the international pay-TV group Liberty Global is eyeing a move into the Brazilian pay-TV sector.
- Comcast and Liberty Global to connect U.S. and European WiFi networks. // WiFi/ WLAN;Aug2014, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that American mass media company Comcast Corporation and cable company Liberty Global have agreed to allow users to access mutual WiFi networks connecting the U.S. and European networks.