Where Your Cable Dollar Goes
- 4Q 2008 Short-Form DRTV Media Billings Level Off at $1.1 Billion. Moftakhar, Shay // Response;May2009, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the survey which evaluates the new trends in short-form direct response television (DRTV) media billings in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2008. According to TNS Media Intelligence (TNSMI), cable television companies have acquired low percentage rating of 11.5 percent...
- CABLE TELEVISION NETWORKS INDUSTRY (NAICS 51521). // United States Cable Television Networks Industry Capital & Expen;2016, p1
An industry report of the cable television networks industry in the U.S. is presented from publisher Barnes Reports, with topics including establishments, sales and employment trends for 2015, and the estimated cost of materials, capital expenditures, and other expenses for 2016.
- Networks Hint at Ad-Sales Rebound. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/9/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of cable television networks in the U.S. cable advertising market. Reportedly, Discovery Communications Inc. acquired a positive advertising revenue growth while Viacom Inc. suffered a decline in income. Viacom chief executive officer (CEO)...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- The case for strategic assurance for cable. Gonuguntla, Anand // CED;May/Jun2015, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
The article discusses the strategic assurance for cable industries. It mentions the challenge faced by multi-system operator (MSO) due to demand for innovation and the increasing need for improved customer service. It adds the real-time monitoring of Ethernet services enables providers to...
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Broadcasting and Cable. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p24
The article reports that broadcasters and cable operators are opposing the issue of retransmission consent.
- Schmooze. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p6
Photographs of people and events in the television broadcasting and cable television industries are presented including a private reception for the premier of the series "The Affair" on October 6, 2014, truTV's "Impractical Jokers" star James Murray and "A to Z" television star Cristin Milioti...