Insight Seeks Buyer, Again
- Time Warner to Acquire PE-backed Insight. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p14
This article reports on the plan of Time Warner Cable Inc. to acquire Insight Communications Co. Inc. in 2011. Time Warner will buy the business for three billion U.S. dollars from Carlyle Group, Crestview Partners and MidOcean Partners. Bank of America Merrill Lynch and UBS Investment Bank...
- UBS Warburg $1B Short of Goal. // American Banker;8/14/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 155, p20
Reports that UBS Warburg's chief executive officer John Costas is $1 billion shy of his annual revenue target for the investment banking firm's U.S. business as of August 2002. Costas being cautious about using the company's capital to win merger and underwriting business; Outlook.
- UBS Names Investment Co-Chiefs. // American Banker;9/30/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 181, p7
The article announces that Jimmy Neissa and John Wall were appointed global co-heads of investment banking for UBS AG.
- BofA Furthers Push Into Industrials. Freed, Dan // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/23/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 40, p8
The article reports that Bank of America Corp. (BofA) is building strong investment in the U.S. industries. The bank recruited sector specialists for it's strong banking global industries group (GIG). BofA added managing directors in New York and been winning new business. According to GIG head...
- B of A Wrests No. 1 Ranking from UBS. // American Banker;7/7/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 128, p9
This article notes research by the Scorpio Partnership indicating Bank of America Corp. became the biggest wealth management company in the world after its acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co. in 2008. This acquisition placed Bank of America ahead of the Swiss bank UBS AG. Increases in staffing...
- IDD OutTakes. // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/12/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p4
Reports on developments in employees from different investment banking industries in the U.S. as of January 2004. Bank of America Corp.'s hiring of Timothy Mayopoulos as executive vice president and general counsel; UBS AG's appointment of Neal Pilson as a senior adviser to its sports finance...
- Detroit Readying New Swaps Settlement: Reports. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/20/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34063, p1
The article informs that according to Lawyers for Detroit's statement, the city is planning to file a motion proposing a new swap settlement with UBS AG and the Bank of America Corp.
- No. 12: Candace Browning, Bank of America Merrill Lynch. // American Banker;9/23/2014, Vol. 179 Issue 147, p46
The article mentions Candace Browning, head of global research of the U.S. financial institution Bank of America Corp. and discusses her participation in the thought leadership steering committee which provides opportunities in investment industry.
- Big Kid on the Block. Lenzner, Robert; Serafin, Tatiana // Forbes Global;9/6/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p20
Profiles the global investment bank UBS. Performance in investment banking as of September 2004; Role of chairman Marcel Ospel and group chief executive Peter Wuffli on the bank's growth; Details of the bank's performance in world finance; Expansion efforts of the bank; Information on scandals...