Spring Rings In Upfront Season
- Cartoon picks up on live action. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;11/6/2009, Vol. 412 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that Cartoon Network has ordered its first original scripted live-action television series "Tower Prep," and "Unnatural History." The cable network has ordered 13 episodes of each hourlong show, with production slated to begin in January 2010. "Tower Prep," centers on a...
- Cabler's big 'Ben' Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;10/27/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 17, p4
The article focuses on the world marketing campaign of Cartoon Network for its upcoming motion picture made for television "Ben 10: Alien Storm." It states that Cartoon Network will also launch events for the television movie in London, England prior to its premiere in November 25, 2009. It adds...
- Cable nets fire up summer blitz. Owen, Rob // Variety;6/27/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 7, p1
The article considers television programming by cable television networks for the summer of 2011. A trend is examined in which 20 television programs will either have their initial broadcasts or return for original episodes during July 11-18, 2011 on cable television networks. This is discussed...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'
- 'Dead Zone' Enlivens Cable's Viewership. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p8
Reports the condition of the television program 'The Dead Zone' on the viewership of USA Network. Improvement on the average household rating; Impressions on the performance of the broadcasters; Continuance in the patronage of the program at unprecedented levels.
- That's the way they became the cable bunch. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p24
Presents information on the demand from cable television networks for old television programs. Reference to `The Brady Bunch,' and `The Mary Tyler Moore Show,' television programs; Details on the performance of the Nick at Nite cable television network; Comments from Diane Robinson, vice...
- CNN long on long-form. Petrozzello, Donne // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the plans of Cable News Network to broadcast more long-form news programming. Time network will air documentaries; Debut of `Newsnight,' on January 12, 1998; Indepth look at network's plans.