Psychometric properties of the Chinese craving beliefs questionnaire for heroin abusers in methadone treatment
- Clash in US over methadone treatment. Ciment, James // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/10/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7164, p968
Reports on the contradiction of officials in the administration of United States President Bill Clinton to plans by New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani to close methadone clinics for heroin users in the state. Estimated number of Americans addicted to heroin; Ratio of heroin addicts who get access...
- RESEARCH. // Practice Nurse;7/29/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p18
Presents the results of several medical studies published in medical journals in 2005. Benefits of using a skin prick test combined with a specific immunoglobulin E test in identifying food allergies in children according to British researchers; Cost effectiveness of prescribing methadone with...
- The Effect of Parachlorophenylalanine on the Sleep of a Methadone Addict. Chernik, D. A.; Ramsey, T. A.; Mendels, J. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Feb73, Vol. 122 Issue 567, p191
The article presents a study that determines the effects of parachlorophenylalanine (PCPA) on the sleep of a methadone addict. PCPA is a trytophan hydroxylase inhibitor which causes a major reduction in brain serotonin synthesis and levels, and slightly effects the brain norepinephrine...
- Benzodiazepine Use and Misuse Among Patients in a Methadone Program. Chen, Kevin W.; Berger, Christine C.; Forde, Darlene P.; D'Adamo, Christopher; Weintraub, Eric; Gandhi, Devang // BMC Psychiatry;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p90
Background: Benzodiazepines (BZD) misuse is a serious public health problem, especially among opiatedependent patients with anxiety enrolled in methadone program because it puts patients at higher risk of lifethreatening multiple drug overdoses. Both elevated anxiety and BZD misuse increase the...
- Interim Methadone Clinics: An Undervalued Approach. Dole, Vincent P. // American Journal of Public Health;Sep91, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p1111
The author discusses the study entitled "A Randomized Trial of an Interim Methadone Maintenance Clinic" as an addition to the list of controlled clinical trials on the effectiveness of methadone as a conventional treatment in the reduction of heroin consumption. He states that the study provided...
- Methadone dosing based on testosterone-to-creatinine urine ratio. ROBERTO LOZANO ORTIZ, JOSÉ // Adicciones;2013, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p358
No abstract available.
- The fix may be in. Dick, Janine // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;10/12/98, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p33
Reports on the program under consideration in Calgary, Alberta which would provide heroin addicts with free drugs and a safe place to use the the drugs. The programs effectiveness in Great Britain and Sweden; Details of harm reduction which predicts that addicts who are given free drugs will be...
- Fatal methadone intoxication in a child. Roy Riascos; Paul Kumfa; Rafael Rojas; Hugo Cuellar; Fernando Descartes // Emergency Radiology;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p67
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Methadone is an opiate used as part of the treatment for heroin abuse; it can be ingested orally. We present the lethal outcome of a 22-month-old child intoxicated after methadone ingestion.
- Spray for drug addicts trialled. // Pulse;6/24/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p18
Reports on the plan to test a spray device to be used in administering methadone or diamorphine for drug addicts in Great Britain. Functionality of the device; College that uses the spray device.