Celebrating something special
- Dorsey celebrates second anniversary of renewed production. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p5
The article provides information on the Dorsey Trailers brand which was acquired by Pitts Enterprises Inc. in 2007. Dorsey has a manufacturing plant in Elba, Alabama and supplies the trucking industry with a variety of trailer designs, including reefers, dry vans and flatbeds. The Dorsey...
- Pitts Enterprises acquires Dorsey Trailer. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2007, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Dorsey Trailer's assets by Pitts Enterprises on June 14, 2007. The assets of Dorsey Trailer includes its plant in Elba, Alaska. With the acquisition of Dorsey Trailer, the company now owns and operates three trailer divisions, namely Pitts Trailers,...
- Celebrating 100 and 35 years. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p62
Photographs of Dorsey Trailer and Pitts Enterprises facilities and employees in celebration of their 100th and 35th anniversaries, respectively, are presented.
- Dorsey sees flat market; Jan. sales drop. // Traffic World;2/19/96, Vol. 245 Issue 8, p51
Reports on Dorsey president Marilyn R. Marks' forecasts for the commercial motor vehicle industry in the United States in 1996. Overcapacity and decreased demand in the market; Truckers' reduction of their planned capital expenditures for 1996; Dorsey's financial performance in 1995; Decline in...
- Dorsey Trailer adds combo flatbeds to its specialty trailer line. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;11/1/2013, p1
The article focuses on the introduction of two drop-deck trailer models by Dorsey Trailers Inc., one of which is made of steel, while the other of aluminum and steel combination. It informs that the company will manufacture its new drop-deck trailers in an area of the manufacturing plant where...
- Strengthening the niche. SAUER, BRUCE // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the new direction of American truck trailers manufacturer Dorsey Trailers, and its current owner Jeff Pitts. Focus is placed on Pitts' decision to develop the platform trailer and van trailer sectors of the business. Other topics include the design and construction of new...
- Ever-decreasing circles. Meczes, Robin // Logistics & Transport Focus;Sep2006, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p24
The author considers the decreasing number of suppliers in Great Britain and its implications for truck purchasers. He addresses the declining number of consolidations in the commercial vehicle industry. He claims that all over Europe the industry has been in a more or less permanent state of...
- Dorsey Trailer chooses Meritor Tire Inflation System by PSI. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/19/2012, p12
The article highlights the selection of Meritor Tire Inflation System (MTIS) by PSI as a standard equipment on trailers manufactured in Dorsey Trailer's Elba, Alabama facility, that provides constant air pressure for proper tire inflation and has the ThermAlert to avoid excessive wheel end heat.
- Dorsey Trailer expansion creates jobs. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;4/20/2015, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Dorsey Trailer of its expansion plan for its plant in Elba, Alabama, which is expected to create 50 new jobs and increase its flatbed production capacity.