Used Class 8 vehicle sales rebound 21%
- Trailer Industry Backlogs Maintained in February. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/28/2013, p3
The article reports that ACT Research Co. has published the "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers," which showed that February 2013 commercial orders were strong enough to maintain industry backlogs.
- Commercial vehicle market poised for an upward crawl. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2009, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses the prospects for the commercial vehicle market. It elaborates on the latest release of the "North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook" by ACT Research which predicts that production of new heavy- and medium-duty commercial vehicles will pick-up starting third quarter of...
- Class 8 vehicle orders affirm market vitality. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2011, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on the report titled "North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook," released by ACT Research Co., which shows a strong demand in class 8 vehicles and forecasts a rising commercial vehicle production through 2011 and 2012.
- Used trucks lag YoY, but strong year seen for trailers. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/26/2012, p11
The article reports an improvement in the sales of used Class 3 to 8 truck in December 2011, according to ACT Research. The segments that saw improvement relative to November are auction, retail, and wholesale, but they continued to lag on a year-over-year basis. It is noted that ACT Research...
- Demand for Class 8 trucks stays strong. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/ 5/2011, p1
The article focuses on the North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook by Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. released in June 2011 for the commercial vehicle market. According to the report, the increasing demand or the strength in commercial vehicles are evident in all segments...
- Class 8 Orders Stay 'Weak' in July: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;8/22/2012, p2
The article reports that according to the State of the Industry report on the status of the North American commercial vehicle market, the trend of "weak" orders and falling backlogs continued to affect the Class 8 vehicle market in July 2012. The report, released by ACT Research Co. (ACT), says...
- ACT Research speakers remain optimistic about the market's future. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/1/2014, p1
The article reports on the optimism expressed by speakers at the transportation intelligence provider ACT Research's seminar in Columbus, Indiana regarding market for commercial trucks and trailers in the U.S. Topics include expectations of Frank Maly, ACT's trailer industry analyst, on the rise...
- Class 8 Orders Higher Than Expected in July. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;8/21/2014, p2
The article discusses the report of commercial vehicle (CV) industry data, market analysis and forecasting services provider Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research, that revealed a higher than expected increase in Class Eight orders, and gains in Class 5-7 net orders in July 2014.
- Commercial vehicle market poised for an upward crawl. // Bulk Transporter;Nov2009, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p38
The article provides a business outlook from ACT Research Co. on the production of U.S. heavy- and medium-duty commercial vehicles in the third quarter of 2009. The company has expected that the quarterly production rates will start a slow climb for the quarter, but year-over-year decline will...